• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psychic weapon master optimization/early qualification

Kylas

Explorer
I wanted to build a Psychic Weapon Master The Mind's Eye: Psychic Weapon Master - Prestige Class (v.3.5)
but I think it needs tweaking. I wanted to see if I qualify earlier than a straight PsyWar and I also wanted some more versatility so I used an Ardent with Practiced Manifester feat.

Added 1 level of Santified Mind (Libris Mortis) for the BaB and mental resistance, and also the abilities go well with the Magic Mantle. but this can be replaced by one more level of Ardent.

3 Ardent/2 Fighter/1 Santified Mind/8-10 Psychic Weapon Master/X Santified Mind

Feats:
1st: Iron Will
Human: Dodge
Flaw: Psionic Dodge
Mantle: Weapon Focus
Fgt 1: Power Attack
3rd: Practiced Manifester
Fgt 2: Mobility
6th: Psionic Weapon Focus

This build qualifies at level 7 whereas straight PsyWar needs level 8. As for my weapon I was thinking falchion or scythe (DM is allowing conflict mantle to give free weapon prof. as long as I don't abuse it), what weapon would be best for PWM improved crit ability?

I especially need help in picking combat powers as I don't have the most experience with psionics. I definitely need to get the Conflict Mantle and maybe the Magic Mantle what others would be useful and which could i make use of the substitute power ACF. The Mind's Eye: Expanded Classes, Part Four

BENINHB

First Post
Do you think it would be reasonable to get the Force Mantle's granted ability (+1 deflection bonus to AC when Psionically Focused) to count as Psionic Dodge (+1 dodge bonus to AC when Psionically Focused) for the sake of the Prc requirement??

DM's in the crowd what do you think??

Jhaelen

First Post
Do you think it would be reasonable to get the Force Mantle's granted ability (+1 deflection bonus to AC when Psionically Focused) to count as Psionic Dodge (+1 dodge bonus to AC when Psionically Focused) for the sake of the Prc requirement??
And bypass the requirement to get two feats and min. Dex 13? Definitely not.

I'd like to add that as a DM this is one of the Mind's Eye Prestige classes I don't allow in my game. It's a based on the broken 3.0 weapons master class which was never translated into 3.5 for a reason.

Remove ads