• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus #1 - The Comic Book is now available (as a PDF too!)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I heard from one of my players who picked it up that there's no game stats in the book, which was a surprise to me, since I thought every issue would have some, much like the old Villains & Vigilantes comic did, once upon a time.

Nope, no stats in the comic book, although we'll be including some stats on our website for stuff that appears in the comics. For example, this week we'll be giving the stats for Sheva's modified hungersword.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Monte At Home said:
Nope, no stats in the comic book, although we'll be including some stats on our website for stuff that appears in the comics. For example, this week we'll be giving the stats for Sheva's modified hungersword.
Will the Web site stats be included in the eventual paperback compilation? Maybe that's how I got confused.

Here's a classic comic book store story. I go in three months ago to pre-order Ptolus. The owner looks at the catalogue. "Nope, not listed." I come in every week, and bug him about this. Same story. This week I come in.

"Hey, this comic is out. Can you order it?"

"Geez. You need to order these three months out you know!"

Needless to say, I'm ordering from another source. I'm quite psyched about it though - the art looks fantastic!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Especially since he was flat-out lying. It was in Previews and could certainly have been pre-ordered (which is how every other shop got it, even if it was just the manager pre-ordering to have copies in stock).

Jaws

First Post
My FLGS also carries comics. I only get a couple comics a month with a subscription service they have. When I mentioned Ptolus, he didn't know what I was talking about. Which I found odd, because he carries a good selection of Malhavoc Press products.

It was too late for me to order #1 but he said he might because he saw Monte's name.

I went to a comic book store (Collector's Edge, 4 stores in the Milwaukee area) to make sure I would get the first issue.

My FLGS might have it, but I won't know until the next time I go in at the end of the month. Funny thing is my FLGS sends out a weekly e-mail newsletter and one of the products it got in was A Player's Guide to Ptolus.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

TresGeek

First Post
I picked this up on the way home from work today. Got the last copy at the local comic shop. :D I like the story so far, and the art work is really good too. The only down side was that 10 of the 32 pages were advertisements. Is that normal for comics these days?

Putting the stats for Sheva's hungersword on the website is a nice touch.
<spoiler>
Hopefully she'll activate the sword's haste ability next issue and kick this guy's arse!
</spoiler>

Monte, is Sheva a character or an NPC from one of your previous Ptolus campaigns? Will we be reading more about her in either The Big Book or any other Ptolus releases?

Remove ads