• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: Midwood - "The Dark Waters of Moss Pond"

Trench

First Post
Ah Kat Kat Kat...

At this point, was prety convinced he was held for no real reason. He was more than a little concerned about the town's saftey (although that... shifts later...). He knew that Renraw, Tock and Stotch wanted to get out, but he was fully intending to walk to Maidensbridge afterward and face the zone of turth with a clear conscience. A rather dramatic bluff of Tock's changes his mind...

When Kat says "We should go." He figured that Tock had a much better plan than "Let's stab Tucker," which he would have never allowed if he had known that was it.

Tock Chandler

First Post
Tock has pity for Emmerson, but Tucker and Bridger he sees as evil forces of control that have tried to destroy everything good in the world. He also holds a long grudge against Tucker for Tucker's treatment of Kat when they were children.

bissichan

First Post
Being the D&D novice that I was, I thought our characters were sort-of off limits to tricks, ploys and shenannigans amongst ourselves.

Imagine my surprise with all the lying, cheating and deceiving.

(that's why my next D&D character is completely devoid of morals. Clumsy around tridents, but an utter bastard.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yes, that's a rewrite of a tune from "Springtime for Hitler" from "The Producers."

Yes, there's something wrong with me. The notion of Swiss gnomes (gnomes of Zurich, get it, GET IT?) makes me giggle like a slow-but-hopefully-loveable child.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So ... about this time (June 2006), I was going through some personal stuff and it spilled over into short tempers in the rest of my life, including in this game. Stotch's player was much more rules/grid/AoO-oriented than I was, and the issues over playstyle got all mixed up with other freefloating issues I had, and led to Stotch's abrupt exit from the game (by his choice).

As for Tock ... you'll see.

Renraw's hasty plan for where the newly minted fugitives and what they'll do, surprisingly, turns out to be a plan they stick with, but life beyond the bucolic Barony of Midwood is a lot grimmer and stranger than they're used to, so their trip to Kem has some stops on the way.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Trench said:
Was wondering how you'd handle this. This moment is a pretty formative one for Kat.
Pretty similarly to how it was handled before, just with elaboration to explain what happened.

Except, you know, for the whole bear rape thing. That can stay vague.

bissichan

First Post
Ah, you could have put the "roar of bears" part, then "sounds of love" and ended it with "the sound of a cigarrette being lit is heard."

Y'know, the standard Hollywood fare.

Gnome Quixote

First Post
I'm not sure it ever really comes across, but Bufer's insistence on going along with the constable doesn't reflect a desire to aid in the capture of the fugitives, but to actively confound it. Sure, he's worried for Tucker and wants to be there to heal him if he needs it...but at the end of the day, Bufer wants Tock, Renraw and Katadid to escape. He's chaotic good, after all, and knows fellow tricksters when he sees them. It'd probably shock both Tock and his player to know that Bufer viewed Chandler as somewhat of a kindred spirit.

In fact, if the campaign hadn't taken the turn it did, I kind of envisioned Bufer as serving as a bridge between the Good Guy Gang and the group that would eventually form the fugitives, the first steps of which are hopefully evident in the early parts of this adventure, before Renraw dragged us all off the map. ;)

Remove ads