• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Ptolus: Organizations"

Thomas Percy

First Post
Is "Ptolus: Organizations" something like "Lords of Darkness" for Forgotten Realms? Decriptions of several evil organizations full of stats, maps, pics and floor-plans?

Can I use it in other generic D&D setting?

Last edited:

Jaws

First Post
This book deals not with any particular portion of the city of Ptolus. Instead, it covers the city’s residents: the groups and families that wield power and influence here. These organizations are in many ways the heart and soul of the Ptolus Campaign, and most player characters will deal with them extensively, some as allies and some as enemies.

The material in this book corresponds directly to Chapter 6 in Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire.

This book details dozens of the organizations that operate within and below the City of Ptolus. Perhaps you are looking for groups for your player characters to join or groups for them to battle. Or maybe you simply need a group from which they can solicit information. Either way, you’ll find an appropriate organization in these pages. Knightly orders, crime families, guilds, racial groups, noble families—even associations of angels and demons—are only some of the groups detailed here.
Some stats. Some pics. No maps. No floor-plans.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

BSF

Explorer
It is, essentially, the next chapter of the Ptolus book. It is not just evil organizations, though those are included. There are some stats, but these are not fully fleshed out to the last minion. Typical members are statted. As are some of the exceptional members. You might not be able to take a complete organization to a generic setting without some adjustment. Political ties are mentioned and all that. It would be accessible for non-ptolus games, but it is clearly part of the setting.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Or put another way, I don't know if you know the cities "By Night" from Vampire the Masquerade. Basically, what this PDF does is lay out all the organizations, groups and factions in the city of Ptolus and the way they interact with each other.

This is an invaluable read. Just finished it, and it's absolutely awesome. We're getting "in the meat" of the setting, so to speak.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
I like the noble house presentation. Reminds me of the old Darokin known world gazzeteer.

I like the way the presented the stat blocks, too. Splitting out crucial feats and skills.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Thomas Percy said:
And what about incorporating whole Ptolus into existing campaing setting eg. FR or Eberron? It is possible?
Sure! You just discard PT2 - The World of Praemal (which you could check out though to know about the default background and better adapt it to the setting of your choice), make up/adapt a few things (like the [spoilers following]Dark Reliquary area and everything that has to do with outsiders, basically - I won't go into further details for fear to spoil Ptolus to players reading this thread) and place Ptolus where you want it to be in FR, Eberron (it'd work great in Eberron, by the way, particularly with the Shuul, the organization which wants to bring back order and technology to the Empire, i.e. Five Nations in Eberron).

Nothing hard, really.

Remove ads