• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus Sketchbook vol. 3: Necropolis now available!

Odhanan

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
What's that mean?
Each sketchbook gathers a number of illustrations related to the Ptolus district it depicts. Each illustration appears two times in the sketchbook: one time on a parchment background, and on time one a white page (to print it and use less ink, I guess). The white pages each bear the "The Forge" logo and the title of the sketchbook at the top. That's what Jaws is talking about I think.

I don't mind myself. After all, I can cut the headers off once printed if I want to.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Includes the price factor? Does that mean that 10$ is too much for you? I was thinking that getting these could be cool, but at 10$ per set, if they're doing every district, that would almost be as much as the Ptolus book by itself, which I'm not sure is worth it...

Now, 5$ per thing, I'd probably buy at least a couple of them then.

Pinotage

Explorer
I'm a big fan of visual aids, and while I don't think I'll ever try Ptolus, images of this nature are useful for a wide variety of things beyond Ptolus. Visual aids make great handouts or attachments when playing online. I don't mind the logos either. Besides, they're not in the image itself, so you can cut them out if you want. They drew some good stuff, they deserve the recognition.

Pinotage

Jaws

First Post
Odhanan said:
Each illustration appears two times in the sketchbook
That is why this product should be half of what the price they are asking.

Pinotage said:
I don't mind the logos either. Besides, they're not in the image itself, so you can cut them out if you want.
Some of the images, the logo is on top of the art (the smaller TF logo on the jpeg images).

I have no problem cutting them out but why should I be wasting ink on their logo? It is simple enough to not have it included. I know and they know who they are. When people ask where I got that picture, I gladly tell them who.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Jaws said:
That is why this product should be half of what the price they are asking.
I agree that the price is a bit steep despite the gorgeous artwork, especially when, like you and I, you're a fan of Ptolus and want to purchase all of the sketchbooks. A bundle at a lower price would be great. *nod*

Thomas Percy

First Post
As someone see, I write Ptolus review here at EnWorld from some time, and I skipped (skip?) the whole Necropolis chapter, because I don't like very much dungeon crawl adventures.
But then I found above mentioned sketchbook containing pictures I like so much, I' start again a reading of Necropolis chapter again, and maybe I'll refill (make complete) my review.
As I said, I do and say it as a fan of Ptolus only, I don't have any single peny from The Forge sketchbooks.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Thomas Percy said:
As someone see, I write Ptolus review here at EnWorld from some time, and I skipped (skip?) the whole Necropolis chapter, because I don't like very much dungeon crawl adventures.
But then I found above mentioned sketchbook containing pictures I like so much, I' start again a reading of Necropolis chapter again, and maybe I'll refill (make complete) my review.
As I said, I do and say it as a fan of Ptolus only, I don't have any single peny from The Forge sketchbooks.
I know what you mean, my friend. The Sketchbooks are great as visual inspiration for the various parts of the city! I can't wait to hand some pictures to the players as they explore the city. That'll be awesome! :D

Remove ads