• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Trollbabe

First Post
"If I may have the amulet for a moment? I think its purpose has been revealed to me." Garnet takes the amulet (Assuming no one protests.) and attempts to use it like a key to open the door at the end of the hall. "This ought to do the trick..."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The amulet fits securely into the depression. Almost immediately, the runes around the seal flicker with arcane fire. There's a sound like glass breaking and the door begins to move, the ruined splinters of the amulet dropping into the water as the door slides open.

The five foot wide corridor immediately turns to the right beyond the now opened seal. The hallway is waist-deep in foul water. Part of the left wall and ceiling have collapsed, creating a sloping pile of rubble below a four-foot diameter hole. A trickle of water and sludge flows from out of the hole.

Voadam

Legend
Garn looks in disbelief, momentarily speechless at the remains of the shattered gem. His face starts to turn purple with rage "You !@#$ing idiot I can't believe you broke the gem. Save the !@#$ing shards at least. Who's got a @!#$ing pouch? Aargh!"

Erekose13

Explorer
Ignoring Garn's rant, Maugra is far more concern with the damaged passage ahead. "That does not bode well. If the sewers are leaking into this complex from that hole, then we might find that others have already entered here before and may still be about. I had anticipated some form of trap or guardian, but we may be facing living opponents down here as well."

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden frowns at Maugra's observation. "Then it is more imperative than ever that we investigate, to make certain that the Sahuagin Queen remains undisturbed." He looks over at Ada with concern. "We should see that she is safely taken care of first, though. Maugra, do you think that your temple would be able to provide us with healing draughts, for a suitable donation? I feel they may be necessary should we explore further."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Beyond the pile of rubble, the hallway ends at a wooden door adorned with a blue painted skull. At one time, the door might have been solid, but exposure to water and dampness appears to have rotted the wood.

In the quiet as everyone ponders Vanden's suggestion, the group can hear a soft sound coming from beyond the door; perhaps it's voices whispering, or maybe just the wind whistling.

Voadam

Legend
Garn sloshes his way as quietly as he can up to the door and listens at it. An ugly sneer on his face as he chokes up on his spiked beat stick.

Voadam

Legend
Garn shares his learned wisdom

"Something's happening with the !@#$ing door. Its not !@#$ing something past it, its the !@#$ing door itself!" Garn springs back.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden moves to Garn's side, dropping into a defensive stance. "The door...? What could it possibly be?"

[sblock=ooc]Ready an action to attack the "door" if a threat manifests.[/sblock]

Remove ads