• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Erekose13

Explorer
Maugra remains ready. She'll not expend her minor healing yet, saving them to rescue a fallen comrade should (when?) that happen in the future.

Trench

First Post
"See me? Standing here uncooked?"

"Yeah, I thought so."

Ada sighs and advances slowly to peer into the dark. "What do we have?"

Trollbabe

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Maugra advances with the others, her pistol at the ready.
Garnet follows close behind Maugra. He carries his spear in one hand and his lantern in the other, trying to give his companions as much light as possible.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The stairs end at a 15 x 15 room with another door on the far side of the chamber.

This room is sparse. The walls are rough-hewn and bear absolutely no ornamentation whatsoever. The stone floor is smooth, with a few spidery cracks crisscrossing its surface. Fine grainy sand seems to spill from these cracks, and in the sand the group sees several large beetles, black as obsidian and fierce-looking. There's an unpleasant odor to the place, different from the musty scent filling the rest of this level and the one above.

Voadam

Legend
Garn looks at the beetles then glares at Garnet. "Yeah, !@#$ing brilliant use of the gem. Worth every !@#$ing copper I could've gotten for it. Much better than hawking it for !@#$ing healing for Ada. Any bright ideas wizard boy?" If any beetle comes towards him Garn brutally squashes it flat with his beat stick.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Just calm down Garn! You wanna leave? Might be best for all of us to. Come back down when we are ready." says Maugra keeping a wary eye on the beetles.

Remove ads