• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Published prestige class for "Monk with a sword"?

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
My player wants this character concept, and is wondering whether there are any prestige classes out there that fit the concept.

So, do you know of any? :)

Rav

IcyCool

First Post
Isn't there a feat in the Eberron campaign setting that allows flurry with a longsword? Whirling Steel, or somesuch.

There's a set of feats in the Eberron Campaign Setting which allows a monk to treat a longsword, a double-bladed sword, or a longspear as a monk weapon respectively.

Each requires proficiency and Weapon Focus in the weapon (and the DBS one also requires Two-Weapon Fighting).

I think a feat works for this concept better than a Prestige Class does, but YMMV.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
There's a set of feats in the Eberron Campaign Setting which allows a monk to treat a longsword, a double-bladed sword, or a longspear as a monk weapon respectively.
Any other sources besides Eberron labeled products?

Twowolves

Explorer
Sword and Sorcery Studios "Guide to Paladins and Monks" (from the now defunct Scarred Lands series) had a longsword weilding monk prestige class. I think it was called the Brother of Steel or some such.

Twowolves Howling

Storm Raven

First Post
Twowolves said:
Sword and Sorcery Studios "Guide to Paladins and Monks" (from the now defunct Scarred Lands series) had a longsword weilding monk prestige class. I think it was called the Brother of Steel or some such.

Yes, Player's Guide to Monks and Paladins contains the Brother of Steel prestige class which is basically monks using longswords, although it has some religious elements to it. The last time I checked, SSS was selling their Player's Guides for a reduced price on their website.

Pyrex

First Post
There was also a feat published in Dragon a while back that allowed the monk to add any one weapon with which he was proficient to the Monk Weapons (i.e. Flurry) list.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads