• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Publishers needed to host Dungeon Dudes

Walter_J

First Post
annadobritt said:
It's extremely addictive! I need to limit myself or I'd spend all day having Snork explore, practice and train. :D
I think Jeffrey worked in a bunch of subliminal messages. Must explore. Must practice. Must train. Play Dungeon Dudes. Must explore. Must practice. Must train...

Dungeon Dudes is really a plot for world domination. With everyone on-line playing, as long as the internet isn't disturbed, who would care?

Usurper

First Post
I don't know why I bother, since I'm just going to be called a troll for pointing out the obvious...not to mention the fact that this will probably offend Jeff, who is obviously a talented programmer and marketing guy to get this many people behind him...

Why are you getting excited and applauding this as a serious idea? This is a joke. Or it should be. This is what you send your pathetic MMORPG-addicted friends to and tell them "see, it's just like running around clicking on the appropriately-color-coded enemies all day, only you don't even have to be able to discern colors! See, look at the number go up, up, up!"

Continue training, earn experience points, gain levels, battle new creatures, find gold, discover new items, learn new skills, see new phrases, meet new Dudes.

Click more buttons, click them some more, wipe drool off your chin, think about how you can't wait to play against your friend Billy's character because you know that your stationary clicking skills are far faster than his, so you'll no doubt be a level ahead.

So assuming you weren't all being sarcastic, which I doubt, please tell me why this shouldn't be seen as an insult to the intelligence of the gamer?

Scorpio

First Post
Hey Usurper...
Sit back, relax, take a deep beath....
and lighten up!
NOTHING in this industry is really that serious! NOTHING!

Walter_J

First Post
I don't understand your complaint. How is Dungeon Dudes offending you or anyone else? Dungeon Dudes is a game just like any other game. Click the button, rolle the dice, spin the spinner, move your pawn across the board, draw a card and see what happens. So its not the most intellectually challenging game ever made. Big deal. Neither is Monopoly. Lots of people are having fun with Dungeon Dudes and that's the important part and something Jeff should be proud off.

Usurper said:
I don't know why I bother, since I'm just going to be called a troll for pointing out the obvious...not to mention the fact that this will probably offend Jeff, who is obviously a talented programmer and marketing guy to get this many people behind him...

Why are you getting excited and applauding this as a serious idea? This is a joke. Or it should be. This is what you send your pathetic MMORPG-addicted friends to and tell them "see, it's just like running around clicking on the appropriately-color-coded enemies all day, only you don't even have to be able to discern colors! See, look at the number go up, up, up!"

Click more buttons, click them some more, wipe drool off your chin, think about how you can't wait to play against your friend Billy's character because you know that your stationary clicking skills are far faster than his, so you'll no doubt be a level ahead.

So assuming you weren't all being sarcastic, which I doubt, please tell me why this shouldn't be seen as an insult to the intelligence of the gamer?

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Hosting of Dungeon Dudes

doctorjeff98 said:
Several people are sharing their codes at http://www.mortality.net/board/read.php?TID=7401#61610

Maybe we could set up a set of "Fringe Dudes" ? :)

I'm extremely interested in having Dungeon Dudes available on my site. Since it's a swedish site about playing D&D in swedish, I'd really like to translate the game into swedish. Is this possible? I'm a professional programmer myself, so I could do the conversion if it's at all possible.

Mikael Börjesson
Sweden

Last edited:

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hi Jeff,

Could you contact me or Hal Greenberg in email? I would like more info on how this works with our sites, etc.

Pretty neat by the way. Fun silly games like this are cool.

doctorjeff98

First Post
New Sets for Publishers to Check out

Any publisher who needed a better idea of how a set of Dungeon Dudes can be customized to their products, please check out the "Into the Wilds" set at
http://doctorjeff98.tripod.com/dungeondudesnetwork/intothewilds/itwdungeondudes.html . All of the phrases, monsters, etc were taken from the upcoming Eddings Cross or the Into the Wilds d20 Sourcebook.

Other customized sets are the Charon Productions set at http://www.battlepack2001.com and a halloween set at http://doctorjeff98.tripod.com/dungeondudesnetwork/halloweendudes/halloweendungeondudes.html .

Remove ads