Publishers - your chance to help develop the future of our hobby!

malladin

Explorer
Firstly, let me clarify - this post is made by me, Ben Redmond, not in any capacity relating to my involvement with Malladin's Gate Press or as a writer for other projects, such as Etherscope.

now, to business...

You may know my name from Etherscope, or even my earlier work for Malladin's Gate Press, but in RL I am a teacher in a British high school, teaching children aged 11-16.

I run a few gaming clubs at school, with close to 35 regular members between RPGs and wargames, and another 5 or so on the waiting list for RPGs. Now, with a new enthusastic extra 20-30 from the new intake alone, I am finding we are in dire need of equipment to support the numbers interested in the hobby - rulebooks, settings, adventures, dice, and figures. I am currently training a group of seven pupils who want to learn how to be a GM and hope to have pupils organising their own games, bith inside and outside of school. Whilst Games Workshop have been a great help for the wargaming side of the club, my personal collection is being stretched to its limits (an much of it isn't suitable for the ages in the club :) ).

As such I am making a plea to any publishers out there who may have something they'd be willing to donate to help out my students, or be able to offer us items at a special discount. I'm looking for:
- spare copies of core rulebooks for whatever games might be appropriate to 11-16 year olds, so that the new GMs have easy access to the rules.
- settings that might inspire the imagination of 11-16 year olds, plus a good way to make your setting have the same nostalgia value that the OD&D Known World (later Mystara) has for gamers of my generation.
- basic GM-centred supplements, such as adventures and monster books to give them resources they can use.
- Dice, so that there's plent to go around.
- Some standard fantasy character figures - fantasy is likely to be the biggest pull for this age group, and whilst our warhammer figures make for good monsters, having some figures that the PCs can use to represent their characters would be helpful.
- Whilst print copies would be preferred (for longevity, mainly), particularly for the core rulebooks, school has pretty good printing facilities, so PDFs would also be appreciated

If you feel you can donate anything to my cause - and feel free to send me end-of-line or damaged stock (so long as it's usable) - either PM me, reply to this thread or email my school email address: b dot redmond at burychurch dot bury dot sch dot uk.

Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.

Ben Redmond
(ICT Teacher, Bury Church High School, Bury, England)

Cathix

First Post
How about an email address? Better yet, I'll give you mine.

Most of our material has been crafted for a PG-13 or R-rated audience, but we do have Sahasra, our India-esque setting, which would be appropriate for your kids. There's also a nice compact adventure that goes with it, as well as a book of magic items and weapons.

I'd be happy to comb through our catalog and find more, as well. At present they're in pdf form, but we're getting ready to start in-house printing, so I would be able to send you hard copies. I'll explain more via email.

litlbeastATyahooDOTcom

:)

Remove ads