• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pulp: What sort of psychic/magic-user should i use?

Albert_Fish

First Post
I am ian pulp frenzy buyingup all sorts of pulp games ( this happens every few years, 5 years ago it was anything remotely Victorian, but i never get to play the games). Well this timei have gotten some interest from my players.
I am trying to integrate the 2 D20 sources that are out so far for Pulp D20, Pulp Heroes from Polyhedron/Dungeon magazine and Forbidden Kingdoms from Otherworld Press.
I have hit a snag. I ama huge Lovecraft and an irrepressible "rise of spiritualism" junkie ( mediums, Crowley, etc.). So i want to incorporate magic and psionics with Forbidden Kingdoms Combat resolution ( very similar to Ken Hood's stuff if not just outright copies).
So which psionic class do most of you use? If you use the Polyhedron class have you worked out powers beyond level 1?

Do any of you incorporate magic? Would the "Adept" fromthe NPC sectionof the DMG work? Perhaps the bardic spell list?

any input?

plus who here is playing a pulp game? and how is it working out?

CerebusBlack

First Post
Some magic user/psioncs ideas

I am playing a Pulp Heroes mystic in a pulp campaign, but havent really progressed beyond what was printed in the Poly game. I do know that our DM is using some of the shaman and witch doctor classes from "Primal Codex" on some NPCs. So far the game has been a blast, in fact a dropped (critical failure) grenade throw ended our last session. Still waiting to see what happens.

Beyond that, you could try adapting psioncs as presented in the CoC D20 book. Its balance of sanity and a prereq of CHA 15 makes it a balanced aspect in the game (IMHO)

Anyways- keep us informed on what you work out.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm playing a Pulp Heroes mystic in Gospog's game. He's a mesmerist, very similar in appearance and voice to Peter Lorre. With his new power of suggestion, I'll soon have people clucking like chickens!

Remove ads