• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pure fiction stories hours?

Kesh

First Post
I've been tempted to try this myself. I've got three or four campaigns I'd love to play, but it's hard to get a gaming group together. This would be like the old serial novels... putting up parts of a story once a week/month/whatever and letting people speculate before you put up the next part.

Maybe we just need a special notation for it? Like:

[Fic][FR]Tales of the Sword Coast

or

[Fic][CoC]Madness from the Deep

Rune

Once A Fool
Kesh said:
I've got three or four campaigns I'd love to play, but it's hard to get a gaming group together.

You know you're always welcome at my table, if you're ever back in town!

Sialia

First Post
There's some stuff happening offscreen in Piratecat's campaign that I've been working on writing up.

I've got it about 70% finished at this point, but have been holding off on posting it until I'm sure I know how to get out once I've gotten in--hate to leave readers hanging.

It's kind of pure fiction, but when the events collide with real PCs or NPC in Piratecat's world, I contact the appropriate people and let them tell me what their character's would do, and Piratecat has veto rights on all, uh, things that a GM would adjudicate in a real game.

So far, nothing has been determined by aroll of the dice-it's all been sort of common sense reasoning about whether stuff ought to succceed or fail.

I will put it up when I get it together. Who knows? Maybe something that happens in it will be relevant to the real game someday. Mostly, it's a chance for me to play with my old characters from that game when I get homesick.

Riekhan

First Post
I think that, typically, stories that are pure fiction are better 'stories' than real storyhours. But I enjoy the player commentary, strange dice roles, and other unique stuff that can only be found in a game based story. Like the player's reactions to Dr. Midnights old story, and all the disscusion in Piretcat's thread. I never really got into the fiction storyhous posted here before.

<as an aside, Piretcat's thread has over sixty thousand views! He has more views than some web pages I've visited!:eek: >

Remove ads