Q about Heroes reruns, iTunes

Werdnam

First Post
So now Heroes is going up against 24, and I'm out of the house every Monday night at that time. Since I can only record one show at a time, I need to find a solution. It appears that Heroes reruns every Friday on SciFi, but I've heard that sometimes they cut scenes in the reruns. Does anyone know if this is still the case, or only a problem with the pilot episode?

I could also get the eps from iTunes. I've never used iTunes before -- how is the picture quality, if blown up to fullscreen on, say, a 27" standard definition TV?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
You can watch Heroes on your computer starting on Tuesday after the episodes air. At least NBC was doing that before the holidays....

LightPhoenix

First Post
Werdnam said:
It appears that Heroes reruns every Friday on SciFi, but I've heard that sometimes they cut scenes in the reruns. Does anyone know if this is still the case, or only a problem with the pilot episode?

Only the pilot episode, AFAIK. Emerson filed a *coughdumbcough* lawsuit over when Claire sticks her hand in the garbage disposal, and I guess NBC decided to cut it instead of fight.

Welverin

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Only the pilot episode, AFAIK. Emerson filed a *coughdumbcough* lawsuit over when Claire sticks her hand in the garbage disposal, and I guess NBC decided to cut it instead of fight.

Wasn't it just plain old longer than usual? I seem to recall a mention of limited commercial interruption, but it still filled the normal one hour time slot.

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Welverin said:
Wasn't it just plain old longer than usual? I seem to recall a mention of limited commercial interruption, but it still fill the normal one hour time slot.

Honestly, I don't remember. It may well have been. There are several alternate versions of the pilot - I think Mistwell saw the one they saw at Comic Con, which I know was longer but I don't know how much. There was also a screener episode, which I obtained from a friend who works at NBC, on Scrubs. It was also longer than an hour, but again I'm not sure exactly how much.

I do know that based on my recollection of Mistwell's comments, that both versions had scenes cut before the pilot went to air.

Sorry I can't remember more clearly. :(

Even so, I don't think that they would cut scenes from an episode just for iTunes. As far as I know, the only scene cut from the aired pilot was the garbage disposal scene.

Welverin

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Honestly, I don't remember. It may well have been. There are several alternate versions of the pilot - I think Mistwell saw the one they saw at Comic Con, which I know was longer but I don't know how much. There was also a screener episode, which I obtained from a friend who works at NBC, on Scrubs. It was also longer than an hour, but again I'm not sure exactly how much.

I do know that based on my recollection of Mistwell's comments, that both versions had scenes cut before the pilot went to air.

Sorry I can't remember more clearly. :(

S'alright.

Even so, I don't think that they would cut scenes from an episode just for iTunes. As far as I know, the only scene cut from the aired pilot was the garbage disposal scene.

All of this does make me wonder what version will end up on the inevitable dvd set, hope they include copious deleted scenes, which seem to be a rarity for television shows in my experience. Of course that may be due to the fact that most of the tv dvds I've seen are older shows.

Remove ads