• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

QAGS vs BoL

3 Man

First Post
I'm looking to home brew a post apoc game. In lieu of reinventing the wheel, and since this is for personal use only, I plan on borrowing another game's dice mechanic. My goal is rules light, fast paced, powerful but not superhuman characters, and a threat of lethality. So far I've come up with QAGS and Barbarians of Lemuria. Both have good reviews and seem to fit the above criteria with a bit of horse shoeing.

My problem is my group doesn't play very often, so I want to show up with the best game possible. My question to you gentle reader is have you played both or either game and have an opinion on which mechanics work better?

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Barbarians of Lemuria is a tight, fun game. It's light, easy to get into, and encourages creative use of backgrounds and professions.

It also has a post-apocalyptic setting to save you work and give you some ideas ("Barbarians of the Aftermath").

I've not played QAGS, but BoL is good fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads