• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth Chapter 2

Pebele

First Post
(I've ghosted Charles and Trebuchet this round. I have still heard nothing from BRP2, so I'm going to put up a recruitment thread within the next couple of days. Shayuri, are you still with us? I hope that you're able to post for round two.)

Darrick tenses for action as the undead shuffle forward lazily. The first of them strikes Catherine from her right, but she manages to twist aside at the last second causing the rusting halberd to strike the floor harmlessly.

Ducerne rushes forward into the room, and strikes an off balance blow into the undead. If he hadn't been off balance, perhaps it would have been a more telling strike.

As the second one approaches, Darrick swings his blade, but it skitters off the ancient armor. Even as it heedlessly ignores the attack from Darrick, it joins its fellow undead in attacking Catherine. This time Catherine isn't so lucky, and the rusted blade strikes her in the shoulder.

She winces in pain, and focuses the power of her goddess to drive back the undead horde. It looks as if a fair number were affected by the ability, but it's hard to register fear on the face of the undead.

As Catherine's prayer finishes, the rest of the party surges into action. With Sepoto taking up a guard position to Catherine's left, and striking the undead in front of her. The blade cuts into it's rotting flesh, but it doesn't seem to notice at all.

Kaelan is hemmed in by the tunnel, the party and the undead at the front of the line, and is stuck for the moment.

Trebuchet's odd mechanisms spring into action, and a small red ball streaks from his arm, striking the undead in front of Catherine. As it strikes it bursts into a white flame, leaving a most unpleasant smell in the air.

Alicia hefts a heavy bow in place of her sword, and fires an arrow that lodges into the thing's rotting flesh, but it seems to do little damage.

Two of the undead break rank and flee towards the wall. A third follows suit, and somehow manages to avoid Ducerne's strike as it shuffles away.

Charles is also hemmed in. He curses under his breath, gripping his spear tightly.

The last two undead move forward with an odd groaning and rattling of ancient mail, but their rusted blades are knocked aside by Ducerne's blade and shield.

Damage report:
Catherine -11
zombiefight2b.jpg

Key:
Allies:
Red: Trebuchet
Orange: Sepoto
Yellow: Darrick
Green: Charles
Blue: Kaelan
Pink: Catherine
Purple A: Alicia
Purple D: Ducerne

Hostiles:
White 1: shambling corpse
White 2: shambling corpse
White 3: shambling corpse
White 4: shambling corpse
White 5: shambling corpse
White 6: shambling corpse
White 7: shambling corpse
White 8: shambling corpse

Rookseye

Explorer
[SBLOCK] Sepoto will tumble through shambling corpse #6's square, Tumble = 30, Success to square E7, freeing up some space in the corridor (allies keep in mind that you can pass through an allied square as long as you don't end your movement in it.) and slash at shambling corpse #6.
Kukri attack, with flanking bonus (Catherine, based on last position) and Darrick's aura = 23
Kukri damage = 2
Likely not getting through the DR again...at least Catherine will get the flank, too.
[/SBLOCK]

Sepoto, realizing there is a bottleneck in the corridor behind him, dives to one side of the armored abomination, momentarily eluding it. When he reaches the other side, his kukri flashes again, trying to harm the insensate corpse-creature.

"Friend-Catherine, while it is distracted, strike!"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan 44/44 hp 10 DR remaining, 0 hp healed

Kaelan delays a moment until Trebuchet blasts another zombie with his arcane power. He then moves swiftly, hoping the zombies reflexes are not that great. He moves past three of them, and swings his scimitar in a mightly blow at one of the retreating undead.

[sblock]Delay until after Treb then move to H7-G8-F8-E8-D8, 30' moved, 3 AoO provoked unless some fall. Attack number 2. Power attack for 4. Attack roll includes the +2 to hit the turned undead and Darrick's aura. 19 to hit, 17 damage [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet, unable to smile...but somehow projecting that vibe all the same, fires another blast of flame...this one forming a stable ball that rolls merrily towards the nearest zombie and buts up against it, burning like pitch!

(Flaming Sphere. Vault it over people's heads, then hit #4 with it. Ref save DC 15 for half. Damage is 2d6+2. 7 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1322071 )

(re: me - I apologize. I read the post, saw Treb's position and thought about what spell to cast with all those people between me and my targets...then went to work. I can't post from there, and it was late when I got back... Anyway, it won't happen again. Thanks for ghosting me during my brief flakeage. :))

Yeoman

First Post
Catherine focuses for a second, and a brilliant golden glow surrounds her as she lifts her own halberd and brings it across in a rapid slash across the chest of the nearest undead guard.

[sblock]
Swift Action to activate Law Devotion. Will move to engage the closest non fleeing undead.
Attack Roll 25
Damage 8
[/sblock]

Rolzup

First Post
Darrick moves forward, calmly blocking the grasping hands of the undead with his shield, waiting for his opportunity. When he sees it, he acts with blinding speed, his blade flashing out and cutting deep into his foe....

[Sblock=OOC]
Attack Zombie #4: 28 to hit, 9 damage! The worm has turned, by gum!

If, by some happenstance, this manages to drop the corpse in question, Darrick will 5' step into its space. If not, he'll stand firm.
[/sblock]

Pebele

First Post
Please do not include situational modifiers such as the undead turning to your rolls. I will apply them behind the scenes for you. I appreciate the effort to help me out, but it really only makes things more confusing for me. Thank you for your cooperation.

The first undead to attack Catherine retreats towards the western wall.

Darrick stands fast and lands a solid strike down the warrior's rotting chest.

It turns to flee towards the wall, but is quickly met by a weak slash from Sepoto's blade, and a devastating strike from Darrick's. The undead collapses to the ground, it's rusted arms and armor clanking noisily.

Ducerne steps forward and strikes a rapid blow against the nearest undead, leaving it with a nasty gash across its stomach.

Catherine steps forward with her aura blazing and connects with an overhead blow to the closest undead, which Sepoto immediately follows suit widening the wound considerably.

Kaelan darts madly around southeastern side of the room dodging blades of allies and enemies alike. He manages to avoid one of the rusted blades, but two find their mark as he moves. Distracted by this, his blade misses it's mark against the undead on the far wall.

Seeing that his initial target is down, Trebuchet adjusts his aim and launches a flaming sphere towards one of the zombies against the back wall (#1). The creature seems unaffected by this, and makes no indication that it suffered any damage at all from the attack.

Alicia hefts her bow again, and fires a flaming arrow at the undead her father has engaged. The flaming shaft buries itself in the decaying flesh and burns brightly.

Two more of the undead seem to be pressed against the wall, still trying to escape from Catherine's gaze.

The undead from the north closes in on Catherine, but misses a clumsy strike with its halberd.

Charles runs forward, stopping at Catherine's previous position and lunges with his spear at the warrior attacking Catherine. What would have been a very decisive strike is barely noticed on the undead warrior, but Charles definitely felt the weapon bite deeply.

Kaelan's target shifts towards the wall, and presses itself against it like the others.

The warrior that Catherine and Sepoto attacked strikes back at Catherine, and while she is able to parry most of the attack away, the rusty metal still makes a minor cut across her gauntleted wrist.

Ducerne's guard lowers slightly as he notices this, and he fails to raise it in time as his target connects with its rusted blade across his shoulder.

Damage report:
Catherine -3
Ducerne -6
Kaelan -11

Undead 4: Dead. (destroyed? whatever)
zombiefight2c.jpg

Key:
Allies:
Red: Trebuchet
Orange: Sepoto
Yellow: Darrick
Green: Charles
Blue: Kaelan
Pink: Catherine
Purple A: Alicia
Purple D: Ducerne

Hostiles:
White 1: shambling corpse
White 2: shambling corpse
White 3: shambling corpse
White 5: shambling corpse
White 6: shambling corpse
White 7: shambling corpse
White 8: shambling corpse

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan 33/44 hp 8 DR remaining, 0 hp healed

Kaelan steps forward once again, attacking the zombie as it flees. He aims a wicked downward slash at it's shoulder and then bites at the creature's arm.

[sblock=ooc]5' step to E9. I am only attacking with my main hand, and then a bite attack, with full power attack. Do you want us to include modifiers like power attack/darrick's auras? These rolls will have them in, let me know if that is okay. 8 and 21 to hit, 21 and 8 damage. The bite is a possible crit. crit confirm: 13, 8 damage using AP on crit confirm: 6, total w/o turn undead modifier is 19[/sblock]

Remove ads