• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Facing Truth Chapter 2

Rolzup

First Post
Smiling with confidence now, Darrick strides into the room and swings at the closest undead....connecting solidly, with a spray of rotting gore.

[SBLOCK=OOC]

5' step to G7, and lash out again.

By hell. Another 28 to hit, 7 damage.

Ha, I say! HA!

[/SBLOCK]

Yeoman

First Post
Turning her attention from Sepoto's target to Charles's, Catherine lashes out in a broad slashing arc, trying to slip past the undead's guard.

[sblock]
I took Pebele's statement to mean, don't count the bonus to hit for the undead cowering, or any other bonus like that. Power Attacking and Darrick's Aura should be fine.

Anyways...

5' step to F6, and attack undead 7.
Attack Roll 12

I've seen people miss them with more, so I don't think damage is needed. :)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Trebuchet seems taken aback by the lack of reacting to the fire. Reasoning that the creature might have merely eluded the ball, he directs the sphere to attack it again, while at the same time fires a flotilla of blazing blue force missiles from his chest.

(Flaming Sphere attacks as move action, Ref DC 15 to negate. Magic Missile as a standard action. All attacks targeting zombie 6, or another in line of effect if 6 falls. 5 damage for sphere. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1326847 13 damage from magic missile. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1326849 )

Rookseye

Explorer
[SBLOCK] Sepoto will take a five foot step to D7, and throw a flask of alchemist's spark at shambling corpse #3.
Ranged Touch = 12
Alchemist's Spark Damage = 4
An additional 1 point of splash damage applies, Alchemist's Spark damage only applies in the first round. [/SBLOCK]

Seeing the dust and gore his wounds inflicted, and the lack of effect it had on the horrific undead, Sepoto changes tactics, slipping the kukri into his belt and yanking a flask from the same location.

He turns, gets a running start, and hurls it at one of the mockeries cowering against the wall. A crackle of ozone fills everyones nostrils, momentarily banishing the tomb-smell that pervades the crumbling chamber, and blue white tendrils of electricity crackle outward from the shattered flask.

Pebele

First Post
(Yes, you should be adding in Darrick's aura and your own power attack.

EvolutionKB: I did not use an AP for you, because undead are immune to critical hits. Also, would it be possible for you to roll your damage on separate rolls and break it down a bit? I'm definitely not a math whiz, so sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out which modifiers are or are not included. :) )

Another undead moves to the wall and claws madly at the wall trying to escape.

Darrick lashes out with a wicked strike of his blade cutting deeply into the decaying body and rusted mail of the undead warrior.

Ducerne's blade cuts across his target in a diagonal arc leaving a large gouge in its chest.

Catherine's blade misses cleanly, striking the floor instead of the undead.

Sepoto tosses his flask, and it tumbles end over end through the air, but it overshoots the mark, bouncing off the far wall to land at Kaelan's feet. Before Kaelan can curse his luck, the flask shatters and covers him with the sparking liquid.

Trebuchet's sphere again is dodged by the undead, but his azure bolts strike true. The warrior collapses to the floor, lifeless once again.

Alicia's flaming arrow again strikes a warrior in the back flaring with a sizzle of sparks.

Catherine's target strikes back at her, and its blade weaves past hers, and strikes her in the left leg leaving a small cut.

Two more of the undead cower against the wall.

Charles rushes forward again, and lunges his spear into one of the warriors scratching at the wall.

Another of the undead strikes at Catherine, but she knocks its blade aside with her own.

Kaelan's blade misses cleanly, but his fangs sink into rotting flesh and tear a hunk out of it.

Damage Report:
Catherine -4
Kaelan -13

Zombie 6 is destroyed.
zombiefight2d.jpg

Key:
Allies:
Red: Trebuchet
Orange: Sepoto
Yellow: Darrick
Green: Charles
Blue: Kaelan
Pink: Catherine
Purple A: Alicia
Purple D: Ducerne

Hostiles:
White 1: shambling corpse
White 2: shambling corpse
White 3: shambling corpse
White 5: shambling corpse
White 7: shambling corpse
White 8: shambling corpse

Rolzup

First Post
His foot skidding slightly on the gore now coating the floor, Darrick darts forward to Catherine's side. "No worries, Captain. No worries."

[Sblock=OOC]
5' Step to G6, and attack Zombie 7.

19 to hit, 10 damage. Not bad, not bad....

[/sblock]

Yeoman

First Post
"Don't worry about me, Darrick. I'm doing fine." Catherine swings her halberd again, trying to connect with the undead warrior nearest her.

[sblock]
Attack Roll 17
Damage 6
I hope that hits, but that damage could be better. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rookseye

Explorer
"Oho...so sorry Friend-Kaelan!"

Deciding his aim is better with his bow, Sepoto nocks one of the Dragon's Breath arrows and fires at the cowering corpse creature.

[SBLOCK] No more flask deviation for me. Sepoto will draw his bow and fire at shambling corpse #3 with a Dragon's Breath arrow.
Shortbow attack = 10
Ach, on the off-chance it hits:
Shortbow damage = 3
Plus fire damage, if successful.
[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kaelan 31/44 0 dam healed 8 DR remaining

Kaelan shoulders through the pain of Sepoto's flask and spits out the hunk of putrid flesh. He gags and thinks, like the tiger. His hacks at the undead with one end of his blade, then raises his knee spike towards the thing's stomach, finally he attempts to bite down on the things rotting arm, all attempting to strike for power instead of accuracy.

[sblock]Sorry about the AP, that is what I get for posting after a tiresome day at work and more than a few drinks. I don't know how I forgot. I'll post damage and attack rolls seperately from now on. This is a full attack, but only attacking with one end of the scimitar, followed by 2 natural secondary attacks, a gore(piercing), and a bite(all types). I am power attacking for four. 17 to hit w/scimitar damage scimitar: 18 gore attack: 17 gore damage: 9 bite attack: 7, not rolling damage for that one. If Ducerne drops number 8, I'll charge number 2 w/power attack and Catherine's aura at +8 1d6+14[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Reasoning that a successful combination is worth repeating, Trebuchet fires another salvo of force blasts, and maneuvers the flaming ball again, aiming them both at Zombie 7.

(8 dmg from flaming sphere, DC 15 for negation, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331117, and 10 from magic missile: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331119 ...aiming for 7 or other immediate hostile should 7 fall. Last resort, aim for one of the cowering zombs.)

Remove ads