• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Into the Emerald Forest

Yeoman

First Post
Aged servant of the divine....it can't be him. Can it? Xavier returned Erin's nervous glance with one of his own, then mouthed maybe he is to her.
"Nice to meet you, Devian. As Erin mentioned, my name's Xavier and if I can do anything for you just let me know. I'm sure Erin can fill you in on the details of what's going on. Erin, if you would? After finishing his piece Xavier returned to watching the jungle and the water as they fly on by while still maintaining an ear out for the conversation taking place.

doghead

thotd
'he has no name', warforged warrior.

ooc: Can I just check, are the introductions being done in the hotel room or on the boat? The former makes more sense, the latter makes for better thread consistancy.

Yeoman

First Post
ooc: introductions are being done on the boat, Urko said that Borden had left before the others got up, and everyone was asleep when Borden and No Name arrived.

Harvey

First Post
Heeding Sanae's advice, Erin gives a brief description of Aldinis' visit.

OOC: I'm just going to presume doghead and P0L can re-read the posts.

After fielding any questions the two might have regarding the incident, Erin asks Old Borden "so, where did our unnamed friend find you? At the hotel? I don't remember seeing you there when we turned in... nor when we left this morning..."

OOC: Like the way I subtlely slip in a confirmation of what Yeoman says above? :)

P0L

Explorer
Old Borden, human male CLR4

Today, I was going to meet with the party I was hired to join -you- , and I was too exited to sleep.. i dont sleep so much these days.... so I went for a stroll in the park, you know, it was a beautiful night and...

Borden goes on and on for about 40 minutes, telling every little detail of his encounter, and how the unnamed warforged saved him for a pair of scaly robbers.

ooc:storytelling 1d20+3: 6

Pebele

First Post
ooc: chiming in to echo both Yeoman and Harvey. :)

Sanae listened to Borden's story quietly, then cleared her throat. "It seems you had a rather busy night as well. I am glad that you both survived the encounter with a minimum of damage. I am interested in your thoughts of this Prophecy, Borden. but perhaps we should keep our talks to a minimum for the moment."

She turned away from the group and watched the scenery go by.

doghead

thotd
'he has no name', warforged warrior

ooc: Yeap, missed that bit. Thanks. I didn't really read the 'in the hotel' posts either, so I'll go back over them asap.

The warforged follows the conversation with one ear, while keeping one eye on the hound. A couple of times he has to grab the animal's muzzle, but eventually, the hound gets the message and settles into a sullen silence.

Harvey

First Post
While Sanae is enjoying the view, her comment has sparked Erin's curiosity. "Yes, Borden, what do you make of this prophecy? Your wisdom on this conundrum would be appreciated..."

P0L

Explorer
Old Borden, Human male Clr4

Mmm... a strange situation indeed...

The object exists, and seems to irradiate great power. That is a fact.

The Prophecy mentioned... well, the only proof you have is the apparent description of all the party individuals, any bard could weave such "prophecy" after taking a look at our resumees, wich our employer must have. Maybe I'm just a skeptic old geezer, but we should have questioned this Aldanis regarding how she found you.. ahh.. If only I'd been there! I had prayed for a spell to force the truth out of everyone just for that meeting...

Also, we have to consider this "student of the Prophecy" wasn't the prophecy draconic business? In my land there was a saying that went: "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup". What I mean is that I think that we should do what our apparently true employer told us, and watch out for this prophecy thing.

I for one, trust the Sovereigns to guide my path towards those in need. If there is evil there in any form, it will be my duty and pleasure to fight it in any way I can. I may seem frail, but I'm mostly a conduit for a much greater power than mine.

Sorry, I just let my mouth wander and I'm probably boring you youngsters, you'd think I'm senile..

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
"Oh, do not worry about boring us, Borden..." Erin says with the reverence the elder cleric is due, then turns a sharp eye at Xavier, urging him to bide his tongue for the sarcastic comment she is sure is collecting there. "I agree that we will have to wait until fate unfolds this prophecy... though a zone of truth would have come in handy last night, for sure. But, let us discuss this later and take a page from Sanae and enjoy the view." Erin turns to the sea, enjoying the view of the water crashing about.

Remove ads