• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Into the Emerald Forest

P0L

Explorer
ooc: Sorry for the sloppy post, corrected the last post to include my last sheet. I always try to keep an updated sheet and include it on action posts. I think I posted it last when Borden casted "bless" on the party. Do I have a way to tell if the bad guy resisted my curse? Well, damn him.

doghead

thotd
hhnn, warforged warrior.

"Down," the warforged growls at the remaining soldier. The warforged gestures with his spear to emphasize the point. The warforged would rather avoid killing if necessary, but remains ready to defend himself. And if the soldier does attack, the warforged will return the favour in kind.

Pebele

First Post
ooc: in case you forgot, Sanae has Cleave; so if she kills someone, she gets a second attack.

Sanae grunted in pain as the arrow lodged in her leg, but her anger took precedence and she tightened her grip on her weapon.

As she was surrounded she bit her lip and quickly looked from target to target, before looking over the soldiers to see Kajalaketh and his shimmering glow. She knows she must get to him before he has the chance to do any more damage, so she quickly decides to do away with all those who stand in her way.

With no further theatrics she focuses on the soldier directly in front of her and puts her pain to good use.

being that she's boxed in, she can't move anyway, so Sanae simply attacks the enemy directly in front of her.
Attack roll: 17(since she is no longer on the small boat, I did not count the -2 penalty. I hope this is correct.)
If successful she does 11 damage

Yeoman

First Post
I'm just waiting to see the new map, and I'll post afterwards. Or I can just go ahead if you prefer Urko. If at all possible I'd like to head up to assist Sanae, but I'm not sure if I can cover the distance and attack this round, is it possible? If not I'll just close the distance anyway.

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Yeoman said:
I'm just waiting to see the new map, and I'll post afterwards. Or I can just go ahead if you prefer Urko.

OOC: Ditto. Would also like it to gauge distances. Plus, Erin goes last, so I'd like to see what everyone else does...

G

Guest 11456

Eff Flat : Male Warforged Bard 4

The musical warforged steps behind some of the cargo and begins playing a battle march on his dagger flutes. The others find that rhythm of the tune seems beneficial to their current combat. The steady beats of the march seeming to work in the favor of their own rhythm of battle.

OOC: Moving behind the cargo for cover and beginning inspire courage for allies (+1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, & on saving throws against charm and fear effects).

Harvey

First Post
Erin

Noticing Sanae and Borden's predicament, Erin realizes that she will indeed need to enter combat in order for the group to fend off the Rierdans. She draws her masterwork morningstar, and concentrates on it. She pictures the essense of what makes up the metal frame, and begins her manipulation.

OOC: Erin spends one of her action points for 4th level to infuse her masterwork morningstar with Personal Weapon Augmentation within 1 round. She will make her masterwork morningstar bane to humanoids (humans), giving it a +2 bonus and an additional 2d6 damage against humans. I am assuming that all of the Rierdans int he boarding party are humans.

Yeoman

First Post
Seeing that the remaining soldier on their boat is surrounded by the two 'forged, Xavier decides his best course of action is to assist Sanae. He quickly closes the distance to the front of the boat and vaults on to the patrol ship. Once there, he takes a swing at the nearest target.

"Sorry Sanae, but I couldn't let you have all the fun, eh?"

Xavier will move on to the patrol ship and attack the nearest soldier, if possible. Without the map, it's hard to tell, so if he cannot complete this action, he will move as far as possible and wait for next turn.
Attack roll: 10

Urko

First Post
Round One Addendum

Urko said:
Much more time now!
Unless, of course real life interferes. A busy workweek combined with resuming normal functioning in other areas has slowed me down. Many apologies – I will be monitoring over the weekend.

As the first soldier falls beneath Sanae’s sword, she instinctively carries the swing in a full arc to strike another behind her. The soldier manages to pull back just far enough that the blade scrapes through the outer layer of his studded leather suit, but does not cut his flesh.

Sanae gets an extra attack on one of the soldiers, but (just barely) missed. Here is where everyone is at the end of the round:

|_|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
01|
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
02|
03|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
04|_|_|_|_|_|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|_|_|_|
05|_|_|_|_|*|C|C|_|_|C|C|_|_|*|_|_|
06|_|_|_|_|*|C|_|_|_|_|_|C|C|*|_|_|
07|_|_|*|*|C|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|
08|_|_|_|_|*|_|K|_|_|A|_|_|A|*|_|_|
09|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|A|A|A|S|A|A|*|_|_|
10|_|_|_|_|_|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|_|_|_|
11|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|%|%|_|_|_|_|_|
12|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|%|%|_|_|_|_|_|
13|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|%|%|_|_|_|_|_|
14|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|%|%|_|_|_|_|_|
15|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
16|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

1 square = 5 feet
* = patrol boat
C = Crew Member
A = Archer/Soldier
K = Kajalaketh
% = Kolbek’s Pride – see enlarged map

|_|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
01|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%
|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|_|_|
02|
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
03|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
04|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
05|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|b|b|b|b|_|b|B|B|b|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
06|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|b|b|b|b|_|b|B|B|b|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
07|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|E|E|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
08|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|E|E|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
09|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|b|b|b|b|_|b|b|b|b|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
10|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|b|b|b|b|_|b|b|F|F|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
11|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|H|H|_|_|_|F|F|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
12|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|H|H|_|_|_|@|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
13|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|_|_|A|A|_|@|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
14|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|A|A|_|@|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
15|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|_|_|_|_|_|_|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
16|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|@|_|_|_|_|_|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
17|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|@|X|X|_|_|@|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
18|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|_|X|X|_|_|@|@|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
19|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
20|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|@|_|r|c|c|L|L|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
21|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|@|@|@|_|r|c|c|L|L|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
22|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|*|*|r|r|r|*|*|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
23|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|r|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
24|_|_|_|_|_|_|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|_|_|_|_|_|
25|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
26|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

1 square = 1 foot

% = side of patrol boat
* = side of boat
b = bench
@ = cargo
c = pilot chair
r = elemental ring assembly

A = soldier
B = Borden
F = Eff Flat
E = Erin
H = 'he has no name'
X = Xavier
L = Calabas

Urko

First Post
Conflict on the river, round two

Although all of you have heard Eff Flat fiddling with his dagger flutes, this is the first time he’s really poured his soul into it. The effect is startling – each of you feels a rush of courage, as if you could take on all the armies of Riedra single-handed while the music plays.

Sanae presses her attack, trying to move get closer to Kajalaketh, who is screaming at the soldiers to bring her down. Her sword becomes a blur, almost as if it has become the Silver Flame itself. Before they can even raise their newly drawn swords to defend themselves, two more soldiers lie twitching at the paladin’s feet.

Kajalaketh’s eyes meet those of Sanae. With a vicious smile, he pulls his tunic open slightly to reveal several strange patterns inscribed onto his flesh. He lays a finger on one and it springs to life, shooting out in a brilliant blue bolt to form a ring of crackling electricity around the Silver Flame warrior. Small arcs leap from the ring to Sanae, leaving burning scorches on exposed patches of skin.

Xavier manages to leap to the deck in time to place himself between Sanae and the soldiers who were moving in to take advantage of her turned back. He parries their assaults with ease. Sanae is likewise successful in warding of the frontal attacks of two soldiers, but a third manages to land a lucky blow from behind, slipping his blade into a gap near her shoulder. She manages to pull away before the glancing blow can become a fatal one.

The crew of the patrol boat continues to hold back, although one or two are fidgeting with their rapiers uncertainly.

The lone soldier aboard Kolbek’s Pride looks at the two warforged. He decides not to risk the terrible look in ‘he has no name’s’ eyes and throws down his weapon. Borden is paralyzed with outrage, partially at the violence all around him but even more so by the fact that Kajalaketh seems to have shrugged off the judgement of the Sovereigns.

Erin is left in relative peace to weave a hasty enchantment into her weapon.

Initiative Order
Eff Flat 16
Sanae 16
Kajalaketh 12
Xavier 10 (higher DEX)
Soldiers 10
‘he has no name’ 8
Borden 3
Erin 1

Borden’s Bless spell already give a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and fear saves, so the only effect of Eff Flat’s music is an additional +1 to damage rolls.

Sanae takes 2 HP damage from the energy barrier around her. To move from her position she will have to go through it, which doesn’t look like a pleasant prospect. The soldier at K8 hits her for 6 points of damage.

Here are the updated maps:

|_|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
01|
02|
03|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
04|_|_|_|_|_|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|_|_|_|
05|_|_|_|_|*|C|C|C|_|C|C|_|_|*|_|_|
06|_|_|_|_|*|C|_|_|_|_|_|C|C|*|_|_|
07|_|_|*|*|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|*|_|_|
08|_|_|_|_|*|K|_|_|A|_|A|A|_|*|_|_|