• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Quality Standards" in the d20 System Guide

Bob the Reaver

First Post
Sorry to be so lame on the subject but..

Ive read pages 7 on and I was just wondering, can Wizards take the OGL away from us? And also what is included in the OGL. Can you refer to the core books in OGL products? Like a prestige class that requires spells found in the Players hand book. And is the D20 modern rules part of the OGL?

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Veander said:
Anyone think the real reason is related to the smutty (though I like them hehe hehe hehe) Avalanche covers?

I don't think so - Avalanche's 'Baywatch' style covers look to be in accordance with the new d20 standards requirements, they don't include 'bare female nipples' so that's alright... :rolleyes:

DanMcS

Explorer
Bob the Reaver said:
Ive read pages 7 on and I was just wondering, can Wizards take the OGL away from us? And also what is included in the OGL. Can you refer to the core books in OGL products? Like a prestige class that requires spells found in the Players hand book. And is the D20 modern rules part of the OGL?

In order: No; the SRDs; you can't refer to the books by name but can refer to anything in the SRD; and yes, the d20 modern SRD is OGLed.

Wulf Ratbane said:
[OT] Using your layout software of choice, create a single style sheet for your legal text. Then, at least, you don't have to track down each usage-- just open each file, change the style sheet, and you're done.
Sort of already had that. Except I tagged both the required legal text and the entire text of the OGL with the same style. Since a 10-point OGL doesn't fit in my two-column single page, I have to go through each work separately and split the existing style into two styles, one for the OGL and one for the required paragraphs.

Then next time, if I'm fed up with d20 compliance, all I have to do is open each file and delete all paragraphs having the "required text" style, save and exit.

S'mon said:
I don't think so - Avalanche's 'Baywatch' style covers look to be in accordance with the new d20 standards requirements, they don't include 'bare female nipples' so that's alright... :rolleyes:
I'd guess that, cheesecake aside, Avalanche is more worried because their works include real-world situations like slavery, race relations and religious wars.

(Yeah, I know you knew that. I was just pointing it out in case someone came in late.)

Baastet

First Post
Av

AV,

I decided after all this commotion to check out your site and see how truely "racy & naughty" your product will be.

I must say, I was expecting tasteless pictures of bouncing breasts and hustler-esqe imagery. I was pleasently surprised. I saw nothing on that site that was remotely tasteless. All was done with a high degree of aptitude of the artists and only increased the intrinsic beauty models. Some of the imagery, while racey was not much more than some posters I have seen in Walmart. :rolleyes:

I was impressed by the level of care you and your staff have taken in making an interesting book while tackleing a difficult and delicate subject. Bravo! I for one will be buying your book and look forward to seeing it in it's entirety!

Baastet

TheRaven

First Post
Question. Would that be legally ok ?

35.gif

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads