Quarantine, schmarantine: we're all gonna die!

Emirikol

Adventurer
Medical doctor ordered errors kill 150 per day. It surpasses the outbreak every 10-20 days It seems the worst advice is to go to the hospital ;)

Janx

Hero
Medical doctor ordered errors kill 150 per day. It surpasses the outbreak every 10-20 days It seems the worst advice is to go to the hospital ;)

that's only 54750/year. pretty light. Assuming the stat is true, remember, it's a a linear kill rate. A patient killed today has no bearing on patients killed tomorrow.

Whereas, a zombie created today, if it kills 2 people, and they in turn kill 2 people each, and so on, is an increasing kill rate over time.

Emirikol

Adventurer
that's only 54750/year. pretty light. Assuming the stat is true, remember, it's a a linear kill rate. A patient killed today has no bearing on patients killed tomorrow.

Whereas, a zombie created today, if it kills 2 people, and they in turn kill 2 people each, and so on, is an increasing kill rate over time.

Ha! I never thought of it that way. Other than antibiotic resistant bacteria (MRSA) infections, which were created by indiscriminate use of medications, and have eliminated our ability to adequately treat something as simple as a zombieism-related sinus infection, when the plague hits, only the strong will survive :) [correction for medical errors: 98,000 are from from medical doctor directed errors ..also I didn't include the number of people who die from medical doctor care administered the correct way, but the patient died from side effects/blood loss/anaphalaxis/etc.]

..although, my wife just informed me that LICE will be the transmitter of zombiesm. That means that it will start with grade school and middle school kids! Child zombies! Ahhhhh! Why do they always start with the ankles??????

You're forgetting one thing though. Considering Americans' inability to move their limbs in a rapid fashion due to our general, uh, rate of marked obesity, high fructose corn syrup soda pop and oreo cookies could be our savior and not our downfall afterall!

Lice and obesity...don't forget it!

jh

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Other than antibiotic resistant bacteria (MRSA) infections, which were created by indiscriminate use of medications

If I may...

A great deal (perhaps more) damage was done on that front by *incorrect* use of medications, generally on the part of the patient. The doctor prescribes that you take an antibiotic for a period of time, at a certain dose, a certain number of times per day. Failure to follow those instructions - by skipping doses, or stopping when you feel better rather than when you've run through the course, or by saving some and taking them the next time you feel sick without the doctor's orders - helps to breed resistant strains.

It is like if you don't kill that zombie deadDEADDEAD, it is likely to come back and bite someone on the butt.

So, if you're given a lobo, make sure you know how to use it, and use it properly.

tumblr_lwojaegAtg1r6sd14o1_500.jpg

Remove ads