• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Queen of Air and Darkness

Quickleaf

Legend
Do you need an "official" Queen from D&D lore?

There are many historical queens, from wikipedia:
Nice, I didn't know Poul Anderson used her too!

But yes, I was inquiring about the official D&D word on the Queen of Air and Darkness. It seems there is a Forgotten Realms version (Auril) who has since been cured of the corruption the taint imbued in her? At least according to the FR wiki?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
But yes, I was inquiring about the official D&D word on the Queen of Air and Darkness. It seems there is a Forgotten Realms version (Auril) who has since been cured of the corruption the taint imbued in her? At least according to the FR wiki?
I have always thought that the "Queen of Air and Darkness" referred to Mab as originally (extant) attributed to Shakespeare. To my mind, that is where Jim Butcher got Mab from for his Dresden universe.

I see that Auril has that title on the FR wiki, but I don't recall ever seeing her called that until 4E's Dragon #367 article:
Shiverpine Forest

Creirwy Glade: Fey of the Shiverpine Forest revere Auril as the Queen of Air and Darkness, a malevolent faerie goddess banished from the Feywild at the dawn of time after a failed coup against the Seelie Court.

Remove ads