• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Adventure League events

mutazoid

Villager
Im thinking about playing in my first Adventure League at GameholeCon.
Then I realized is there anyway to estimate what level I might be after playing "DDAL07-01 A City on the Edge" also what adventure should I play next?

Im a bit confused how are the AL adventures connected to the Tomb of Annihilation. Is it all just side stories?

darjr

I crit!
7-01 has five parts. Each are supposed to be two hours. Each gives you a bit of control, three or four of them might get you to 2nd level.

Are they side quests? Yes and no. They refer to the book and elements of the book are in them. IMHO they fit rather well.

thethain

First Post
7-1 will be 5 adventures, each awarding from 75-100 xp (x1.1 if you are brave!) so you will possibly be level 2 afterwards. 7-3,7-4.7-5 are all Tier 1 adventures so should be appropriate to play after that.

All AL modules are meant to correspond with the associated hard cover adventure. They take place in the same area and may interact with the same NPCs but aren't required to advance the hardcover adventure. (However if you are following AL rules of XP, they help bridge the gap where hardcovers sometimes advance players levels)

Anthraxus

Explorer
Im thinking about playing in my first Adventure League at GameholeCon.
Then I realized is there anyway to estimate what level I might be after playing "DDAL07-01 A City on the Edge" also what adventure should I play next?

Im a bit confused how are the AL adventures connected to the Tomb of Annihilation. Is it all just side stories?

With a brand new character(?), it will take several Tier 1 adventures to level up to Tier 2. If you are just starting with a new PC, I'd sign up for some of the other Tier 1 DDAL07-* modules.

Remove ads