• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about D&D 3.5 and sorcerers

MensurB

First Post
Sorcerer vs. Wizard

I have played both a 20th level sorcerer and Wizard before, and in terms of power the wizard can fire of so many "more" powerfull spell in a couple of rounds. The wizards main ability 'Intelligence' alone is so much greater then the sorcerers 'Charisma'. He gets no class skills that even use 'Charisma'. For instance my 25th epic sorcerer had a Spellcraft check of 30 only(natural) because his intelligence was a 12. My 25th level Wizards Spellcraft check was over 40! This alone to me proves the wizard is more powerfull, however, there is something about sorcerers that just appeals to me more. I imagine them as the "younger" casters, a 25 level wizard will be alot older than a 25th level sorcere I assume. In my experience most DM's modify the sorcerer to his linking. I do agree with you that the quicken feat should be modified for sorcerers. Also, is it true that bards won't have an armor check penalty agianst spellcasting any more? That is a big boost!

Voadam

Legend
I'm guessing the only change to 3.5 sorcerers will be they get eschew materials as a free non metamagic class ability, perhaps able to trade gp cost components for an xp component, and some method to legally use the quicken feat and have it work. Perhaps a little skill list and points per level change as well.

At least, those are the changes I've thought of making to the class :)

Taloras

First Post
In one of our campaigns, the DM house ruled that sorcerors get bonus spells known due to their high stat. So my dwarven sorceror has more spells known than are listed in the PHB. That helps even more.

Darklone

Sorcerer... weak? No. They lack style? Yes.

Some added colour would have been nice, but otherwise the huge majority of CRPG gamers seem to love that class.

And as a DM you can throw spells at your party without having the groups wizard looting yet another spellbook from the dead corpse of their latest opponent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads