• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Question about Druid in Wild Shape and Magical Item

Vithor Carvalho

First Post
Hello guys,

I have a question about how you deal with this situation.

The Druid of my group will receive a Cloak of Protection or a Weapon +1, how do you deal with it?

Does the Druid in animal form get the benefits of Cloak or Weapon?

I did not quite understand how the rules would work for that.

Thank You :)

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
According to the PHB, Druids in wild shape can choose to wear/carry whatever equipment they possess, but only if it is practical for the form they take.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
To be specific:
You  choose  whether  your  equipment  falls  to  the ground  in  your  space,  merges  into  your  new  form, or  is  worn  by  it.  Worn  equipment  functions  as normal,  but  the  GM  decides  whether  it  is  practical for  the  new  form  to  wear  a  piece  of  equipment, based  on  the  creature’s  shape  and  size.  Your equipment  doesn’t change  size  or  shape  to  match the  new  form,  and  any  equipment  that  the  new form  can’t  wear  must  either  fall  to  the  ground  or merge  with  it.  Equipment  that  merges  with  the form  has  no  effect  until  you  leave  the  form.
So in general, it depends what you are turning into. But myself I'd generally rule against most animals wearing a cloak, and almost never could you wield a weapon.

Luchador

First Post
We are starting the Princess of the Apocalypse this weekend and I'm psyched to play an Uthgardt Moon Circle Druid.

My plan is to cast "Good Berry" and put them in a pouch around my neck. Then, transform into a bear and keep the pouch around my neck, distributing the berries like a St. Benard distributes booze!

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
My plan is to cast "Good Berry" and put them in a pouch around my neck. Then, transform into a bear and keep the pouch around my neck, distributing the berries like a St. Benard distributes booze!
Obvious you need to make gin out of the berries, for a righteous gin and tonic ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads