• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Firebrand

Barovan

First Post
In the campaign I am running the wizard has taken the spell Firebrand. I am not 100% sure how the spell works. The spell is in the spell compendium (pg. 93). I have some questions about the spell. Is the max damage 5d6 per target or 10d6. And does the target actually catch fire or is the space(s) in which the spell was cast remain in fire for one round causing anyone entering it to take damage from the spell.

Any help I could get in understanding this spell would be great.

DarkJester

First Post
Each creature hit by the burst takes 10d6 fire damage and catches on fire, as does the targeted area. In the following round any creature that was hit by the initial 10d6 damage or who has since moved into the area of effect takes 5d6 fire damage. Thus, the max damage becomes 15d6 - 10d6 in the first round and 5d6 burning damage in the second round.

I take it that the spaces contain lingering magical fire, which may or may not start mundane fires depending on what is within the targeted spaces.

Remove ads