• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Forsakers and Charm Person!

-Ekimus-

First Post
This is really going to screw me over next session if this works... If a Forsaker is charmed, and is told to willingly accept a spell, he will lose his powers for a year and a day, correct? Or since it is because of the affects of a spell that he wouldn't lose his abilities?

Thx

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
No, I don't think it would hose him. He would, however, get a second save against the Charm for being ordered to do something against his nature.

Even if it would hose him, you'd get that second saving throw, and probably at a bonus. That's like asking a Paladin to kill his liege and sacrifice him to Vaprak.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
as per the spell description, i believe the caster would still have to make a Cha check to get the Forsaker to accept a spell.

i would ask the DM (if it happens) if your Forsaker would feel that the request was life-threatening (because accepting a spell would remove his DR). if the answer was 'yes', that would break the charm anyway...

Zerovoid

First Post
Charm is not Domination. It causes the victim to think the caster is one of their close friends, but doesn't give the caster anywhere near complete controll. If the Forsaker wouldn't let one of his friendly party members cast a spell on him, then he won't let his new "friend" cast the spell either, charm person or not.

Remove ads