• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Gnome's Fade Away power

Arcadio

First Post
Hi, I have a question that came up in our game last night that I haven't been able to find the answer to...

A gnome uses a ranged attack power while in melee range of an enemy, provoking an opportunity attack. The enemy's attack hits and the gnome uses his Fade Away power ("You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.") After everything is resolved, is the gnome invisible, or did his ranged attack power cause him to become visible again?

Fade Away is an immediate reaction, triggered by taking damage from the opportunity attack, which is an interrupt, triggered by the ranged attack power. So it seems like the order of events would be:

-Opportunity attack
-Fade away, gnome becomes invisible
-Ranged attack power
-Gnome becomes visible

Am I reading things right, or am I missing something?

Thanks

cdrcjsn

First Post
An aside, but this is a great way to get around some immediate interrupt/reaction abilities of monsters. You can ready an action for when a monster takes an action, so it cannot use it's immediate abilities.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads