• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Quasi-Deities

Bartmanhomer

First Post
If a charcthers ascends to a divine rank of 0? (If a level 30 NG female human cleric ascends to quasi-deity) Would she be considered a god or half-god? :confused:

Xombie Master

First Post
Do you use a campaign setting, or your own world. In Forgotten Realms for example I don't think you count as a god until you gain a portfolio and followers. You may be god level in abilities but in the Realms your power is determined by your strength and number of your followers.

Sejs

First Post
Personally, I'd say Divine Rank 0 would be a Demi-God. More than mortal, but not actually a proper God. No portfolio, no divine mandates, no ability to give paradox the finger and say "I'm a diety, I don't have to deal with you", nothing like that.

Likewise, I'd say that DivRank 0 is the glass ceiling for ascended heroes, children of gods, upraised divine servants, etc. You either are a God or you arn't, and if you arn't, you can't become one just by putting in extra hours at the office and gunning for a promotion. Mortals and their ilk can Become, but actual Gods just Are.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Quasi-deities really straddle the line between being a god and not being one. For example, all deities, even divine rank 0 ones, have at least three domains. But you need to be divine rank 1 to grant spells (which is one of the most common godly activities).

If you have a level 30 DvR 0 cleric (of an existing deity), I think considering them a saint (or apostle, or what have you) is the best way to go. They're more than mortal, but not even a demigod.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads