• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Redhurst: Academy of Magic

Sirius_Black

First Post
I recently picked up the Redhurt: Academy of Magic and have enjoyed reading it so far. However, a question came up as I was reading some of the environs/stops, the school at times appears it.

Specifically on pages 96-97, the text mentions two cities: Drassilyrg and Fenilore. What book contains these two settings? Looking at the legal matters section, I saw "Seven Cities" by Atlas Games mentioned.

Does anyone know if those two settings listed above can be found in the "Seven Cities" book or if not what the source is for them?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Potter

First Post
Sirius_Black said:
Does anyone know if those two settings listed above can be found in the "Seven Cities" book or if not what the source is for them?

I don't know what book they're from, but they're not from Seven Cities. Battle City has that honor.

And a darned fine book it is too!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Since you have it, I have a question.

I was reading a couple reviews at another site, and they mentioned that one of the cities it was in was from the Sov. Stone setting. However, the Sov. Stone setting uses a completely different magic system entirely than D&D does.

Is that accounted for in the book, anyway?

JoeGKushner

First Post
The book does not go into details about the difference in the school of magic outside of noting the difference and that the 'evil' reader is looking into Void Magic.

The book has a heavy empahsis on role playing and doesn't focus a lot on the mechanics of the systems. I Without the book in hand, I believe for instance, that Nyambe doesn't have any of it's special restrictions on magic mentioned either.

Last edited:

Sirius_Black

First Post
Jon Potter said:
I don't know what book they're from, but they're not from Seven Cities. Battle City has that honor.

And a darned fine book it is too!

Thanks Jon Potter. I can at least eliminate that one from books the two cities might have come from.

mforbeck

First Post
Hello Sirius:

Sirius_Black said:
I recently picked up the Redhurt: Academy of Magic and have enjoyed reading it so far. However, a question came up as I was reading some of the environs/stops, the school at times appears it.

Specifically on pages 96-97, the text mentions two cities: Drassilyrg and Fenilore. What book contains these two settings? Looking at the legal matters section, I saw "Seven Cities" by Atlas Games mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

First, thanks for your kind words about the book. I'm glad you like it.

All of the locations under the "Other Stops" heading on pages 96 and 97 belong to Human Head. Most of them were created especially for The Redhurst Academy of Magic book, but one--Fenilore--is the setting of an upcoming strategic-level fantasy boardgame from Human Head.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care,

Matt Forbeck
Human Head Studios
www.humanheadgames.com

mforbeck

First Post
Hi Jeremy:

trancejeremy said:
Since you have it, I have a question.

I was reading a couple reviews at another site, and they mentioned that one of the cities it was in was from the Sov. Stone setting. However, the Sov. Stone setting uses a completely different magic system entirely than D&D does.

Is that accounted for in the book, anyway?

Joe did a great job answering this question, but I'll see what I can add.

There aren't any rules for this. Redhurst focuses on traditional d20 System magic. However, we do mention that the spy is researching Void Magic from Sovereign Stone, and that such magic is prohibited at the school.

Take care,

Matt Forbeck
Human Head Studios
www.humanheadgames.com

Remove ads