• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Steamsuit Pilot Paragon Path

Bruize

First Post
One of my players is a Druid Technologist and we're wondering how the Steamsuit from the Paragon Path would interact with Wild Shape. While wild shaped, would the steamsuit just meld in with the druid into the new form (I AM IRON TREANT!) as would an implement or piece of armor or does it act like a wondrous item? Would there be any other interactions?

Wild Shape
You assume an aspect of the Primal Beast or return to your humanoid form.
At-Will Polymorph, Primal
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You change from your humanoid form to beast form or vice versa. When you change from beast form back to your humanoid form, you can shift 1 square. While you are in beast form, you can’t use weapon or implement attack powers that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers.
You choose a specific form whenever you use wild shape to change into beast form. The beast form is your size, resembles a natural beast or a fey beast, and normally doesn't change your game statistics. Your equipment becomes part of your beast form, but you drop anything you are holding, except implements you can use. You continue to gain the benefits of the equipment you wear, except a shield.
You can use the properties and the powers of implements as well as magic items that you wear, but not the properties or the powers of weapons or the powers of wondrous items. While equipment is part of your beast form, it cannot be removed, and anything in a container that is part of your beast form is inaccessible.
Special: You can use this power once per round.

I'll be honest. We didn't playtest the interactions of beast form and the steamsuit, so I'm not sure whether it's balanced. My flavor answer would be:

2012-04-27%2BAF%2B015.JPG

Or more specifically, a druid technologist who uses wildshape can transform the steamsuit into a beast form too (looking like a mechanical animal), using the suit's armor bonus and other perks. If the druid exits, the suit reverts to its normal shape. As to whether the paragon path powers function while wild-shaped, I'd start tentatively saying yes, with the player having to be willing to lose out if it turns out that's somehow wildly overpowered.

Bruize

First Post
That picture made my day.

Thanks for the quick response. We'll certainly try it out that way first. As we get into it, I'll update you on that interaction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads