• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question: Druid Multiclass & Wild Shape

theskyfullofdust

First Post
Morning all, quick question:

I have a player who is playing a warforged and is looking to multiclass into a druid, thus gaining the wild shape ability (effectively making him a 'transformer'): in his beast form, can he make basic attacks?

Looking at the rules I think not, but can't be 100% sure; any opinions?

Ta

Simon

Angellis_ater

First Post
He does however gain one of the Beast At-Wills as an Encounter ability, which means that he can make one Melee attack, once per encounter.

Yup, beast form is only marginally useful when you MC. You get one attack per encounter, but you CAN also take advantage of the shifting aspect of Wild Shape, which can come in handy. There can also be who knows what RP implications.

Taking some of the power swap feats can also get you more beast form powers which will make the whole thing more mechanically advantageous.

theskyfullofdust

First Post
Thanks :) That's pretty much how I saw it too; mostly it is going to be for rping, but with the option to switch powers later... the player just likes the idea of a transformer type character :)

DracoSuave

First Post
Yup, beast form is only marginally useful when you MC. You get one attack per encounter, but you CAN also take advantage of the shifting aspect of Wild Shape, which can come in handy. There can also be who knows what RP implications.

Taking some of the power swap feats can also get you more beast form powers which will make the whole thing more mechanically advantageous.

Also, Quick Wild-Shape + Initiate of the Old Faith = Shifty.

Shifty is STRONG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads