WOIN (Question) Exploits.

Greetings to you all, I am about to start playing the wonderful game known as WOIN N.E.W
But in relation to this, I ran into a few areas where I was uncertain about how to understand some of the exploits presented.
Thus I present questions regarding 3 different exploits.

From the core Book
1)
Engineer's
"Upgrade. You can modify a piece of electronic equipment of size Small or smaller to upgrade it permanently to a high quality item. This process takes one hour, but the item can only be used by you due to unfamiliar and jury-rigged controls, and renders it monetarily worthless"

Does this mean it is only one item that can be upgraded or is it simply one at a time?

Furthermore, I am Curious regarding the following two exploits from the book "The Devil on Your Shoulder"

2:
"Money Launderer's
Financial Wizard. Once per week, you can make a LOG (accounting) check to make money. You make an amount of credits equal to ten times your check. You cannot use this exploit during downtime. You gain 500cr when you first take this exploit."

3:
Money Launderer's
"Canny Investment (requires Financial Wizard). You know how to make money earn money. You can invest any amount of money of 1,000cr or higher and make a LOG (accounting) check. For every point above 10 that you score, you make back 1% on top of your investment; if you roll lower than 10, you lose 1% for each point below 10 that you roll. This takes one week. If you are taking this exploit as part of your starting character, you may apply the percentage to your starting wealth."

Is the money from exploit number 2 and 3 illegal, as the one gained from "Skimming off the Top" "More Money, More Problems" belonging to the same career, or the Forger's "Making Money"?

Thank you for taking the time to read these questions from a newcomer and potentially help build my understanding of this wonderfully adaptable system.

With a Wish for a wonderful future to all
-Kall

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For the core book exploit, there is. I limit on the number of items.

What book is The Devil On Your Shoulder?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Blimey. That was a magazine article four years ago! You’d probably have to contact the author. :)

What does “What Limit do you place?” mean?

Would you know how to find the contact information for the author in question?

You wrote "For the core book exploit, there is. I limit on the number of items. "
Which limit do you place on that?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would you know how to find the contact information for the author in question?

I do, but I can’t publish writers’ contact info publicly. I’ll point them towards this thread, but that’s all I can do. :)

You wrote "For the core book exploit, there is. I limit on the number of items. "
Which limit do you place on that?
Typo. I was using my phone. It should say “there is no limit”.

Remove ads