• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

QUESTION FOR AEG PEOPLE (or anyone who knows)

johncolossus

First Post
Dear AEG
I have heard rumours of more of your single title D20 sourebooks up and coming. I have looked at the web site and nothing about future releases...generally you are very good at releasing on time (esp UK where shall we say WOTC are somewhat suspect). I was just wondering what and when are your next ones released? I have heard rumours of one called "MAGIC" and "GOOD"? Any details about them? Much appreciated.
Cheers

JoeGKushner

First Post
Magic was at Gen Con and I saw the cover for the next one, Good. Stupid name but hey, Evil just sounds better. Maybe Law and Chaos are on the way?

Magic looked pretty cool with chapters on different aspects like Chronomancy and Elementalism stuff but I didn't get too deep into it.

mearls

Hero
johncolossus said:
Dear AEG
I have heard rumours of more of your single title D20 sourebooks up and coming. I have looked at the web site and nothing about future releases...generally you are very good at releasing on time (esp UK where shall we say WOTC are somewhat suspect). I was just wondering what and when are your next ones released? I have heard rumours of one called "MAGIC" and "GOOD"? Any details about them? Much appreciated.
Cheers

Magic was at GenCon and should be on its way to stores worldwide. It includes:

* A Mage: The Ascension-esque system of freeform magic.
* A point-based system of magic.
* New core classes that each practice a wholly new form of magic. The Arcane Monk combines spells with kung-fu to form an unstoppable combination. Madness Mages see the underlying structures of reality and manipulate them to change the world. Shadow mages manipulate darkness to create effects. Tinkers build steam powered robots to smash their enemies to pieces.
* A new system for magic items that allows a weapon to scale in power as a PC gains levels. At each level, the item has a GP value that a DM can use to balance it against the treasure he hands out. For instance, an item going from 4th to 5th level costs a set number of GP against the total treasure a character should gain. A DM simple cuts back on the treasure he gives out to keep things balanced.
* Item templates for enchanted goods forged in hell, by dwarves, and so on.
* New items that wizards can use to aid spellcasting or magic item creation.

Good is all about heroic characters kicking monster butt. I can't say too much at this time, but it will include things like:

* Alternate versions of the paladin class.
* Rules for gaining benefits from worshipping a deity even if you aren't a cleric. If your fighter is a strict devotee of, say, St. Cuthbert, you can now gain benefits from that bond. Just don't do anything that ticks your god off...
* Rules for heroic orders. If your fighter joins an order of knights, what exactly does he gain? (NB: These are *not* prestige classes.)
* Prestige classes
* Magic items, artifacts, and feats
* Rules for heroic play. Heroes do heroic things, and rules in this book allow you to model that.

Vrylakos

First Post
So, Mike, are you writing any of the material in Magic or Good?

Just curious, as I liked your Quintessential material from Mongoose.

VRYLAKOS

mearls

Hero
Vrylakos said:
So, Mike, are you writing any of the material in Magic or Good?

Just curious, as I liked your Quintessential material from Mongoose.

Glad you liked the Quint. books. They were fun to write.

I created the outlines for Magic and Good and wrote significant chunks of both. Hope you like them.

Remove ads