Question for everyone regarding MonkeyGod

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Monkey Art

Also, and this isn't meant to be harsh or superficial (even if it is), the artwork is lousy. Artwork doesn't speak of the quality of the product, but it sort of does. Very few products on the market have good maps in them - they all tend to have been cooked up by some computer program that spews garbage which most gamers find keen (or so it seems to me). I've been DMing for ages and my handdrawn maps look very appealing. In my opinion I think that handdrawn is superior and harkens back to that 1st ed. feel that everyone is so desperately trying to regain.
Thank you for your honesty. I find this sort of feedback very helpful. We have felt for quite some time that, although not bad, our interior illustrations and cartography were not up to the standard of our cover art and writing. As a result, we have starting working with a number of new illustrators and hand cartographers. In 2003 you can expect a marked improvement in illusration quality and a serious reduction in the number of computer generated maps (We prefer the look of a quality hand drawn map as well).

Remove ads