• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question for FDP

omedon

First Post
Looking at the back cover of my copy of Of Sound Mind I notice that there is no cover price in CDN dollars only US. Could somebody please tell me why there isn't one? I find this a little odd isn't FDP a Canadian company? If anyone is going to have a CDN list price it should be a Canadian company.

WOTC lists US and CDN prices on all their products. For example, there adventures are 9.95 US, 13.95 CDN.

Of Sound Mind cost me 18.00 CDN. And I am very wary of purchasing my next adventure as the high price is a very real barrier to me as a university student on a very tight budget. Please add a CDN dollar cover price to your future adventures, It might help keep the local gamestores from overcharging for your adventures which means I will be able to buy more of them.

Last edited:

FDP-jason

First Post
It's Worth It!

Unfortunately, that price is not far off the mark when you take in the 1.55-1.6ish conversion rate. Perhaps the store is tacking on a 50 cent surcharge for whatever reason (protecting their investment a little).

Also, tacking on a CDN price will not do much to alter your stores policies. Wizards probably sells directly to the Canadian distributors and cuts them a little slack on the obnoxious exchange rate allowing them to price a little better regionally. Through White Wolf the same story may not exist (I am not entirely sure) which means if the store mistakenly pays attention to the CDN price (which is priced lower than the equivalent US price) they may actually lose money on each sale. Our products will not be in there for long with that kind of tomfoolery.

These are just theories and not tautolgies. I would just be plain worried tacking on a CDN price to a product when I do not control the payment and charges along the distribution channel which is largely settled in the US market. Take a look at the vendors which are alot bigger than us outside of WOTC - Atlas and White Wolf. They settle for the one price in US currency. I can assure you it is not because they ignore their Canadian neighbours and the market they represent -it just plain makes less headaches.

If it helps any -the deal of the century is Beyond All Reason. That is crammed into 72 pages for $10.95. :D

omedon

First Post
I understand these points, and have always being pleasantly surprised by Wizards low exchange figure, and I don't expect other companies compete, especially smaller ones like yourselves. But it is nice to see an official CDN price just so I can see how high the local mark up is.

Also I just love to see Canadian content, even if it is only a price tag, it just makes me feel like the publisher has me in mind. When companies don't give a CDN dollar price I usually attribute it to arrogance/thoughtlessness on their part and assume that they figure that Canada isn't important enough to justify giving it it's own price.

I know that this isn't the case with you guys though.

Last edited:

Remove ads