• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question on Repulsion Armor from Adventurer's Vault

Rhianni32

Adventurer
My group and I having a hard time figuring out just what this armor does. The daily power is a minor action to activate the armor and whenever an enemy moves into an adjacent square they get pushed back 1 square as an immediate reaction. That power lasts for the encounter.

So if I read this correct, once the armor is activate EVERY enemy moving adjacent EVERY time is pushed back one square. As its an immediate reaction it wouldnt be limited in how many times it could be activated.

As the GM of my group I told the player there was no way a 2nd level item was going to give them virtual immunity to melee attacks as most enemies dont have reach.
As a compromise we agreed that it would push them back once, the enemy could continue moving and it doesnt effect them again during that movement. Effectively giving them a -1 movement for their movement action.

Thoughts?

Dracorat

First Post
What about that do you not understand? (Serious question here)

Perhaps the only trip up I could see is that as an immediate reaction, it will only push one enemy per turn (from when the player goes, till the player goes again).

But you wouldn't be here asking the question if that were the trip up (you'd be doing it unwittingly).

Dalzig

First Post
So if I read this correct, once the armor is activate EVERY enemy moving adjacent EVERY time is pushed back one square. As its an immediate reaction it wouldnt be limited in how many times it could be activated.
False. You are limited to one immediate action per round. If the enemies decide to rush you at the same time, Repulsion armor will only work on one of them.

As for the compromise.... that's how it would work anyways.

Dracorat

First Post
Oh shoot - there was white text after the starting paragraph.

People really need to stop that. I use the white color scheme. (As I'm sure others do) and didn't see there was another 60% to read.

Dalzig

First Post
Oh shoot - there was white text after the starting paragraph.

People really need to stop that. I use the white color scheme. (As I'm sure others do) and didn't see there was another 60% to read.

You should see the number of typeface tags on that post. :confused:

James McMurray

First Post
Why do people get feisty with font and coloring? Anything that makes it harder to read your post makes it less likely people will want to struggle through far enough to help you out. All the "style" in the world is less than useless if it gets in the way of your goals.

Rhianni32

Adventurer
Sorry about all the editing problems guys.
I copy and pasted the exact wording which cascaded down into a disaster coupled with my OCD for having font, color, and editing to match. I thought I had just deleted it all and cleaned it up :( My intention was definately not to make it hard to read but easy.

However I must be seeing something different then you guys. Its looking fine and when I quote myself I am not seeing lots of garbage.

Thank you for answering the question though. I was indeed unaware that immediate reactions had a limit per turn. That makes a lot more sense.

Dracorat

First Post
NP.

Perhaps the issue is that while you can read white text I cannot. Same as you probably cannot read black text, which is the issue when you use boards that support skinning - you should always use the "default" color, which will let the board choose.

Remove ads