• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question with epic levels

Berk

First Post
I don't have the ELH and my brother who just got it and has really only thumbed through it brought up a question that was also on my mind. One of my main characters is a 13th/7th lvl cleric/contemplative. He is 20th character level. What happens on his next promotion? Does he have to finish one of his classes to their max to be able to do anything with the ELH? Will he have to get 7 more cleric levels before he can do anything that the epic cleric can? Will he have to take 3 more contemplative levels before he can do anything that the epic contemplative, if there is one, can do? Or can he just pick up where the epic cleric or contemplative begin?

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... interesting question. I can only guess, since I do not have the ELH yet, but I would think that you can (and must, if you want to reach the epic level part of your classes) further train your regular classes, but can only obtain the epic level class levels, once you are past 20th level and have maxed out the respective class. You'll probably have access to epic level feats and such even with your regular choices, once you are past 20th level.

Bye
Thanee

AvarielAvenger

First Post
He advances as an epic character once he reaches 20th level in any combination of classes. Note, however, that he does not get any Epic Bonus Feats or other such bonuses until he starts advancing past either level 10 Contemplative or level 20 Cleric.

Every class gets bonus feats like a Fighter past a certain level, at differing levels depending on which class they have. So, basically, the Cleric/Contemplative is fine, and advances as an Epic character, the only difference is he doesn't get "bonus" feats until he begins advancing past either 10 levels of a PrC, or 20 levels of a normal class.

kreynolds

First Post
AvarielAvenger said:
Note, however, that he does not get any Epic Bonus Feats or other such bonuses until he starts advancing past either level 10 Contemplative or level 20 Cleric.

The first qualification of obtaining an epic level feat is being 21st level. You don't have to wait. At 21st level, and every three levels thereafter, you get an epic feat, and you earn bonus feats based upon your classes. You will always get feats, just like before, and you don't have to max a class out, unless you want to earn bonus feats from that maxed out class as well. The bonus feats you earn from a maxed out class must be chosen from the class bonus feat list.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads