DDAL Questions about AL

tommybahama

Adventurer
Thank you for the information. I was making sure that I can start out as a gambler who cheats at his game with a charlatan die and marked cards.

There is very little role play in AL. I suspect many DMs only skim the adventure before running them. Don't expect well developed NPCs to interact with. I've had two DMs that even skipped over player introductions intentionally ("it wastes time").

For me, the best part of AL is playing character concepts that you'd never run in a long-term campaign.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Some of this is outdated
If a PC is dead, diseased or Curse. Buy a scroll. Or destroy a magic item you own. This limits you max magic count until you reach the next tier. NOTE if you sold your soul the PC is totally dead.

If you choose a faction it must have the save haven background. At Tier 1 being a member of a faction gets a free magic item but you lose it if you leave the faction. Faction benefits All – Ring of Protection, Harper- Ring of free Action, Gauntlet- Ring of Fire resistance, Emerald- Ring of Animal Influence, Lord’s- ring of ram, Zhentarim – Ring of Evasion. Magic item limit applies.

Season 9 Incentives. PC started to run Season 9 can take one of the three options on page 6 of ALPGV9.1.

Season 9 Renown item at tier 2 is your choice of +1 weapon, +1 shied, +1 rod of pact keeper, or +1 wand of war mage. Magic item limit applies.

This is incorrect. You have to be Seasoned with the faction to get the rings and the magic item. That means Tier 2. You get nothing at Tier 1 other than a symbol identifying you as a member of the faction. All of this is in the ALPG for Season 9 (the most current on DriveThruRPG).

jasper

Rotten DM
This is incorrect. You have to be Seasoned with the faction to get the rings and the magic item. That means Tier 2. You get nothing at Tier 1 other than a symbol identifying you as a member of the faction. All of this is in the ALPG for Season 9 (the most current on DriveThruRPG).
Thanks. And I posted this to my local group and pinned it. And no one caught it.
Edit.
Now I go to update my docs, google docs.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thanks. And I posted this to my local group and pinned it. And no one caught it.
Edit.
Now I go to update my docs, google docs.

I only remembered because I recently did updates to a lot of characters that hadn't gotten played/updated to season 9 rules yet. I don't get to AL as much as I'd like.

Remove ads