• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions about Raumathari Battlemages in FR

BadMojo

First Post
So, after having read "The Unapproachable East", I'm curious about the Raumathari Battlemages. In PRC form, it appears this is meant to be more for a spell-caster with light combat skill than a "tank" with limited casting ability.

I'm OK with that, but have some questions regarding the background of the class. Just from what I've read, it seems the Raumathari were heavy in to evocation and specifically elemental magic (fire, judging by the mention Kossuth gets). So, are we talking sorceror/fighters wizard/fighters, either/or?

I suppose, what I'm looking for is some direction on where to find some more background info on this class. Anywhere besides Unapproachable East and Lost Empires of Faerun?

Any FR novels dealing with ancient Raumathar and Narfell?

Thanks,

BadMojo

First Post
Abstraction said:
Aromatherapy Battlemages? Stinking Cloud of Eucalyptus!

And class ability "Create Balm", which isn't nearly as exciting as it sounds.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone knows of any FR novels dealing with Narfell and Raumathar (perhaps this should be moved to the Books section).

It seems there's a bit of info in FR10 "Old Empires" from 2nd Ed., but I don't have a copy of that (that I can find). There also seems to be some stuff in the Horde boxed set too.

Can anyone at least confirm if there's any useful Raumathar fluff in the "Lost Empires" book?

Edit: Thanks, Bret. I was poking around at candlekeep.com, it's just tough to search through some of the threads that are approaching 80 or 90 pages in length. BTW, I'm surprised you noticed me here! I hadn't posted in almost 6 months, which was quite surprising.

Napftor

Explorer
BadMojo said:
...BTW, I'm surprised you noticed me here! I hadn't posted in almost 6 months, which was quite surprising.

Welcome back! I was on page 2 when I noticed this thread. That's about as far as I go to look through General. It's just too time-consuming to look any further. I'll poke around my copy of Old Empires and get back to you.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If someone DOES find some Narfell info, I am curious if anything is mentioned about a certain Demon Prince with goat horns...;)

Remove ads