• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions About the Articles Detailing the Faiths of Greyhawk

kobold

First Post
Sometime after I quite reading Dragon (years ago) they began running articles about the faiths of Greyhawk and some of the Demon Princes. I recall people raving about them.
How detailed where they and what did they cover- things like church organization, holy days dogma followers etc?
Which gods where covered?
And if I want to catch up on them which issues do I need?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
At first I thought this was about the original Greyhawk diety right ups in Dragon, from about 25 years ago.

Good stuff. I never liked those dieties as much as the first time I read about them and saw the original illustrations. Of course, back then we didn't need all this holly days, dogma, church kinda nonesense.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
TerraDave said:
At first I thought this was about the original Greyhawk diety right ups in Dragon, from about 25 years ago.

Good stuff. I never liked those dieties as much as the first time I read about them and saw the original illustrations. Of course, back then we didn't need all this holly days, dogma, church kinda nonesense.
Yes, back then, we just needed to know how hard they were to kill and what kind of treasure we could get for it.

All this stupid roleplaying stuff is for the birds! :p

DragonTurtle

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Yes to all of this.
I recall Pelor, Vecna, St. Cuthbert, Boccob and Heironeous.

Not sure. Just look through the back issues from 2006-2007 at Paizo.com.

Wee Jas, Hextor and Olidammara also made it in, off the top of my head.

Arkhandus

First Post
DragonTurtle said:
Wee Jas, Hextor and Olidammara also made it in, off the top of my head.

Indeed. I only have the issues that include the Core Beliefs articles on Wee Jas, Hextor, and Heironeous. :/

Voadam

Legend
Demonomicon of Iggwilv

329 = Pazuzu
333 = Fraz urb luu
337 = Zuggtmoy
341 = Baphomet
345 = Kotschie

I just bought and read the pdf of 345 recently, good stuff.

A history of the demon (tie in with Baba Yaga and some connections to the russian myth), his realm, a powerful and a minor aspect statted out, description of his followers and their practices, a prestige class for his thralls, and monsters of his realm he conquered and uses.

Remove ads