• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Questions about the Pathfinder Online MMO for Ryan Dancey, Mark Kalmes, or Lisa Stevens?

Ratinyourwalls

First Post
a.) Why the River Kingdoms? I can't think of a more boring part of Golarion that I would want to play a MMO in. =/

b.) Will there be dinosaurs?

c.) What will character creation be like?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
A lot of these questions are answered in the KS. It's a sandbox, so no quests or story (or at least they are minimized) and that's why they picked an empty part of the world to set it in. It's essentially trying to be a fantasy version of Eve, so forget about solo-ing. There aren't using the Pathfinder rules.

My question is, If this KS fails, will you put up another one, this time for a lower goal? $500,000 maybe. Considering this was just meant to speed up development, why did you have a goal in the first place?

Obryn

Hero
Subscription MMOs are pretty well dying, being replaced by free-to-play games with micro-transactions. Why do you think there will be a market for such a thing in 2+ years, when even major studios are abandoning this model?

Sonny

Adventurer
Considering EverQuest Next has announced it's also going to be a sandbox MMO, and will likely be out before Pathfinder, not to mention have better financial support, and a very experienced development crew. What do you feel Pathfinder can offer players that EQ Next can't, even if you both end up with a very similar feature set?

There must be something you feel only your company can offer if you're willing to take the risk of developing a new MMO at a time where most new ones have failed.

Fiddleback

First Post
Goblinworks just announced they are using the Unity Engine for the game. Why?

Does this mean the game is going to browser based?

Remove ads