• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions - basic attacks and opportunity attacks

xjermx

First Post
Two questions:

Some magic items add bonuses to a melee or ranged "basic attack". Does this count only on the actual literal basic attack, as in, when one does opportunity attacks? So it does not work for at-will powers that use a melee or ranged attack?

You can take an opportunity attack against opponents in your adjacent squares who do ranged or area attacks. Does this include the dragonborn's breath weapon?

Kordeth

First Post
xjermx said:
Two questions:

Some magic items add bonuses to a melee or ranged "basic attack". Does this count only on the actual literal basic attack, as in, when one does opportunity attacks? So it does not work for at-will powers that use a melee or ranged attack?

I haven't seen this--can you provide an example of an item that does this?

You can take an opportunity attack against opponents in your adjacent squares who do ranged or area attacks. Does this include the dragonborn's breath weapon?

No, the dragonborn's breath weapon is a close blast. Powers with the close keyword don't provoke OAs.

xjermx

First Post
Bracers of MIghty Striking and Bracers of the Perfect Shot on p 244 give +2 to damage when you hit with a melee or ranged basic attack, respectively.

Where can I find the reference to "close" keyword not provoking?

Kordeth

First Post
xjermx said:
Bracers of MIghty Striking and Bracers of the Perfect Shot on p 244 give +2 to damage when you hit with a melee or ranged basic attack, respectively.

Yes, basic attack only.

Where can I find the reference to "close" keyword not provoking?

Page 56.

Remove ads