Questions. Need some help populating my dungeon

graydoom

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
1. The fanatics in my dungeon are actually going to be prepared to repel adventurers. At the front I plan on having them arrange one of those large siege type devices that when fired shoots 10 spears at the target. Are there any rules for this I can use?
You could just scale up the ballista rules on page 152 in the DMG. Each spear would get an unmodified attack roll (just a d20), each spear or bolt would do 3d6 damage on a hit, and it would take 1 person 3 full-round actions per spear or bolt to reload and :):):):) them.

Wicht

Hero
I would just have the spear machine do multiple attacks and have each successive attack per round have a lower chance to hit due to the kick of firing. Of course spears that missed the one in front might still hit someone behind them.

The idea is a weapon built around 10 tubes each holding a spear. A large bar that is held back is released and strikes the butts of all 10 spears throwing them all forward at the same time.

Wicht said:
I would just have the spear machine do multiple attacks and have each successive attack per round have a lower chance to hit due to the kick of firing. Of course spears that missed the one in front might still hit someone behind them.

Remove ads