• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions of bab and dispel

Immort

First Post
Two separate questions:

1st - I remember reading somewhere that bab cannot go above +20 even through magical means and attacks gained from bab cannot excede 4. I cannot remember where I read this and whether it was from a book or whether it was a personal opinion posted on the boards. Does anyone know if this is accurate and from where?

2nd - If you cast a spell of some sort, light perhaps on an object, put the object into a bag of holding and then are subject to a dispel magic, would the dispel affect the item in the bag of holding? The bag is a nondimensional space which would indicate that a spell in this dimension wouldn't reach it, but there are no provisions in the description of either the bag or the dispel magic that address this. Opinions?

-Immort

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
1st - I remember reading somewhere that bab cannot go above +20 even through magical means and attacks gained from bab cannot excede 4. I cannot remember where I read this and whether it was from a book or whether it was a personal opinion posted on the boards. Does anyone know if this is accurate and from where?

Are you sure you're not confusing BAB with Attack Bonus?

The BAB is pretty much solely dependent on your Character and Class levels. About the only thing I can think of that can alter it is the Righteous Might spell.

The reason it's limited to +20 is because - under the Core Rules - Character Level can only go up to 20, and no class grants more than +1 per level to BAB.

Since a fifth iterative attack would not occur until BAB +21, that's where the limit of four comes from.

Epic Levels will change that.

2nd - If you cast a spell of some sort, light perhaps on an object, put the object into a bag of holding and then are subject to a dispel magic, would the dispel affect the item in the bag of holding? The bag is a nondimensional space which would indicate that a spell in this dimension wouldn't reach it, but there are no provisions in the description of either the bag or the dispel magic that address this.

In general, a spell can only affect things on the same plane, unless it states otherwise. Since "non-dimensional space" is not on the same plane, your light stone should be fine.

Of course, you could have problems if someone hits your bag with a targeted dispel...

-Hyp.

Remove ads