Quests From The Infinite Staircase

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So why was "Sunken Shadow" in the developers' heads at all?
IIRC, it came up because James Wyatt, who was one of the developer on the panel, wrote it and not juat that, it was his first published professional work. So, I dunno if it is really likely to ne in this book...but who knows. I am leaning towards T1 being the Level 1 intro bit.
is Eve of Ruin going to revisit Greyhawk or is it going to revisit Saltmarsh?
Both: it's a series of revisits to material from the first decade of 5E, and Saltmarsh is the representation for Greyhawk in thst period.
Man, I totes forgot that existed and yes it would be perfect for Infinite Staircase. As I recall it took up an entire issue of Dungeon so it may be too long but then again Dead in Thay was also crazy long and yet it's in Yawning Portal.
Well, lots of factors there: WG5 was 32 pages, which would be pretty wieldy in a Yawning Portal format, but even the Dungeon 3.5 version adapted would probably be feasible.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OK, so...one approach they could take if this were to be a Gygax tribute collection:

1. T1 Village of Hommett
2. T2-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
3. S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
4. WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (WG1-3 were going to be Hommet, ToEE, and Tsojcanth respectively)
5. S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
6. WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure

I don't think that's what this will be, because of some of the hints they've been laying down...but thar would be weirdly doable?

OK, so...one approach they could take if this were to be a Gygax tribute collection:

1. T1 Village of Hommett
2. T2-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
3. S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
4. WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (WG1-3 were going to be Hommet, ToEE, and Tsojcanth respectively)
5. S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
6. WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure

I don't think that's what this will be, because of some of the hints they've been laying down...but thar would be weirdly doable?
If you are doing Gygax tributes, I would include Dungeonland/Land Beyond the Magic Mirror. I think those are the best things he wrote (and they are planar).

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
And weirdly, Tsojcanth managed to go the other way. Aside from the CR 15 boss, there is a fight with 4 dao (CR 11 each in 5e), who would easily pulverise a level 6 party. You pretty much have to swap the order of those two. I don't think either comes close to a level 13 adventure.
Update about Tsojcanth from Beyond, the Toirnament preview extract will be free on Beyond on the 26th, and is a Level 9 Adventure with Tournament scoring rules.

Update about Tsojcanth from Beyond, the Toirnament preview extract will be free on Beyond on the 26th, and is a Level 9 Adventure with Tournament scoring rules.
So, I wonder how many dao there will be. Level 9 should be able to handle 2 but it would be tough. Or if they will replace them with weaker monsters?

As a tournament module, I think we can assume it will not include the wilderness hexcrawl.

In the book, they could do The [whatwasitagain?] Temple of Tharizdun plus both hexcrawls as the level 8 adventure.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, I wonder how many dao there will be. Level 9 should be able to handle 2 but it would be tough. Or if they will replace them with weaker monsters?

As a tournament module, I think we can assume it will not include the wilderness hexcrawl.

In the book, they could do The [whatwasitagain?] Temple of Tharizdun plus both hexcrawls as the level 8 adventure.
The book may include the hexcrawl, but with suggestions on how to rub it more tournament style.

Actually, at the Conventions they are running two seperate types of events, tournament style and non-tournament.

Remove ads