• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Advancement Question

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
As most of you know I am trying to create Jake from adventure Time, and I did so by awakening a dire wolf. My only question now is: because he gained the Magical beast sub type, does his size increase with his HD advancement such as a winter wolf would?

Sekhmet

First Post
Nope.
Creatures "size advancement" represent unusually tough creatures that had simply grown larger over the course of their youth.
For instance, an average Winter Wolf is large, whereas a freak of nature Winter Wolf that grew abnormally is Huge.

With that being said, the Dire Wolf has only one size (Large).

If you decide to level his racial HD, then yes, he'd most likely get larger. I don't see numbers for making a Dire Wolf Huge, so you'd have to talk with your DM on that one. If you give him class levels though, then he won't get any bigger.

Depending on the setting though, typical adventuring will restrict even Large characters. You'll definitely want to think on whether you want a Huge character.

Empirate

First Post
Dire Wolves don't grow larger than Large, period.

Also, you don't want to level up racial HD. Actual class levels will do a lot more for you than Magical Beast HD. An Awakened Dire Wolf Crusader sounds like an absolute blast to me!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads