• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick alignment question. Is intent the same as action?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Re: Re: Re: evil vrs good

jgbrowning said:
I wouldn't see the difference between killing a begger in the street and a gold dragon, but i dont think the power of the victem is related to the consequences of the perp.

In many minds, the beggar and the gold dragon have the same intrinsic value. One soul is as good as another. That view is fine by me.

However, when I speak of the consequences of the action, I don't speak of the consequences to the murderer's karmic balance. I'm talking about consequences and repercussions to the world.

In terms of immediate forseeable consequences: The beggar begs, the world will not miss him, or suffer much for his loss. The dragon, however, is one of the most potent active sources of goodly might around. The world will suffer from losing it - it would likely have stopped the orcish horde, removed several ravening monsters from the countryside, and soforth. The dragon slayer bears some responsibility for the evils that will occur now that this dragon is gone.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads