• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Encounter Rooms... would you use this?

tempor

First Post
I would definitely use them!! :D I might even pay for them (if they are high enough quality and sturdy).

May I suggest also a smaller format? Perhaps the size of current WotC Power Cards? Unfortunately I am not at all good with formatting, designing, and in general artistic to be of any help :(

Actually, I will echo 77IM here. Suggestions on how to use the map would be great. No need for specifics, just an idea of how you can maximize the potental of the setting for fun and TPKs.:devil:

I wait impatiently for further details.

weem

First Post
Thanks again all ;)

I have some things going on behind the scenes - trying to figure out some logistical things. Anyway, I hope to have an update in the near future (within a week) - some cool stuff I think!

bonHomm3

First Post
Great idea. I came up with something that I never used. Maybe you can make something of it.

Let me start with a couple critiques (bear in mind I love the look and design):

Too much space spent on title bars and background graphics. Will kill a lot of ink/toner that way.

Area illustrations are nice, but using line illustrations, allows for players to easily pencil in additions.

Consider reformatting the actual page to accomodate better use of essential encounter elements: Rather than have the map take up half an 8x11 sheet, quarter that. In encounters, the more important elements (I've found) are tactics, RP elements (description, hidden agendas, flavor text), and crunchy bits.

You might want to make the map half as big, to allow for more text. If you design it right, you can build it in such a way that a DM can actually fold the encounter page and store them folded. You could design a quick reference sheet so organized DMs can quickly rifle through encounters to find the one they need. A dm could also store monster/trap info cards right there inside your folded encounter area page.

This last idea was what I was pursuing. I'm more dedicated at this point to making monster cards that can fit in a 3x5 card binder.

Keep us posted on how your endeavor goes. I'm really interested in it!

EDIT-- Read previous posts a little closer. Saw that you were going for a web-based approach. If that's the case, then ignore my comments. You're definitely headed down the right path.

Last edited:

Remove ads