Quick! Githzerai Lich Queen Needed Urgently!

EricNoah

Adventurer
my post is updated with a link to powers list. Not sure if I picked "good" powers, but they cover many bases.

And by the way ... I'm at home, taking a 2nd sick day in a row. I'm not doing this from work! :D This has been my least boring 45 minutes in the past 4 days...

edit: Spell resistance is listed as Power Resistance (that's what the "psionic" version of a githzerai gets -- it works just like Spell Resistance vs. both spells and psionics).

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
EricNoah said:
I'm at home, taking a 2nd sick day in a row. I'm not doing this from work! :D This has been my least boring 45 minutes in the past 4 days...
I can relate to that. When I was sick around Christmas (or was it New Year's?), I wrote a lot of stuff in Excel.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EricNoah said:
my post is updated with a link to powers list. Not sure if I picked "good" powers, but they cover many bases.

Oooh! Fantastic!

Now to take a crash course in psionics. I have no idea how the darn thing works! Can't be too complicated though.... can it? :)

[Edit - hope you feel better soon, Eric. Flu stole a whole week of my life a couple of weeks ago. Not fun at all!]

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Aaah, silly question, but I'd best start with the basics. Could someone run through what the table headings mean in Eric's spreadheet. There are terms I'm not familiar with (I can handle "range", "duration", etc., but the ones I don't know are: Displ, Manif and PR.)

I presume psionics work like spells, just using a point system instead. Are there feats like metamagic feats (quicken, maximise, and so forth)?

EricNoah

Adventurer
It's a lot like spellcasting, but...

1) no penalty for armor
2) no verbal, somatic or material components (but still need to make concentration checks if grappled, etc. though with her freedom of movement ring... :) )
3) each power has a power point cost (see the heading of each level's powers -- 6th level costs 11 power points, for example).
4) Some powers can be augmented by spending more power points. Rule of thumb is you can never spend more pp than your caster level (so 18 is the max here). The overchannel feat allows you to spend more but it damages you.
5) metamagic increases the power point cost.

I just added additional notes above that might clarify some things. I assume you can find a psionic SRD out there for more details...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EricNoah said:
I just added additional notes above that might clarify some things. I assume you can find a psionic SRD out there for more details...

Al's (he says hi, by the way!) bringing the PsiHP along tonight, and is coming to my house first to give me a crash course in psionics. Hopefully I should have it under control! He's always good to have around anyway when I have to, like, know a rule or something.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Start here: http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/psionicDescriptions.html

Display: ignore-- basically each power causes an auditory, visual, mental, olfactory, or material "display" which is basically for flavor purposes.

Manif is "Manifestation Time" -- standard action, 1 round, immediate, swift, etc. You might want to make special note of the lich's "immedate" powers, as they can be lifesavers when it is not the character's normal turn in the initiative.

PR is Power Resistance. It's the same as Spell Resistance. If your base assumption is that "magic is the same as psionics" then anyone with SR also has the same amount of PR, and vice versa.

eris404

Explorer
This was really cool - I'm surprised how quickly a fairly complicated foe could be whipped up. Any chance this could get posted with a write-up (background, etc.) in the Articles?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is great. I think I have a handle on it now! Your spreadsheet is super, Eric - I wish I was organised enough to prepare for my games like that!

I'll let you all know how it goes tonight!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Morrus said:
This is great. I think I have a handle on it now! Your spreadsheet is super, Eric - I wish I was organised enough to prepare for my games like that!

I'll let you all know how it goes tonight!

For those interested, the spreadsheet is attached.

Good luck! Say hey to Al for me!

Attachments

• xphpowers2.zip
    122.2 KB · Views: 36

Remove ads