• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick N Easy Damage Question

wcpfish

First Post
I thought I had this down, but now I'm second guessing myself.:erm:

1) A PC attacks with a mace using both hands. Damage is 1d8+1 (thanks to versatile property). IF he uses a power that deals 2 [w] damage is it now 2d8+1 or 2d8+2 (applying versatile twice).

2) Same question but Magic Mace +1. Is 2 [w] now 2d8+4 (applying versatile twice and enhancment twice) or is it 2d8+3 (applying versatile once and enhancement twice) or 2d8+2 (each applies only once regardless).

Also, whoever answers this firstly THANKS! and secondly can you point to a source for the answer if this has been asked before (either here, cust serv, faqs, or whatever)

Oompa

First Post
I thought I had this down, but now I'm second guessing myself.:erm:

1) A PC attacks with a mace using both hands. Damage is 1d8+1 (thanks to versatile property). IF he uses a power that deals 2 [w] damage is it now 2d8+1 or 2d8+2 (applying versatile twice).

2) Same question but Magic Mace +1. Is 2 [w] now 2d8+4 (applying versatile twice and enhancment twice) or is it 2d8+3 (applying versatile once and enhancement twice) or 2d8+2 (each applies only once regardless).

Also, whoever answers this firstly THANKS! and secondly can you point to a source for the answer if this has been asked before (either here, cust serv, faqs, or whatever)

1= 2d8+1
2= 2d8+2

PHB page 276 said:
Weapon Damage Dice: A [W] in a damage expression stands for your weapon’s damage dice.
(The weapon tables on pages 218–219 show damage dice for all weapons.) The number before the [W] indicates the number of times you roll your weapon dice.
If a power’s damage is “2[W] + Strength modifier” and you use a dagger (1d4 damage), roll 2d4, then add your Strength modifier. If you use a heavy flail (2d6 damage) with the same power, roll 4d6, then add your Strength modifier.

Last edited:

Remove ads